FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pine Lake, Laporte  (Read 6963 times)

1eyechaser

Pine Lake, Laporte
« on: Oct 15, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Just a little info for everyone, the IDNR stocked 7,000 6-8 in. walleyes in Pine last week. So lets keep an eye out for the small ones and not think they are perch. Sure hope that the stocking is successful.

justtrollin85

Re: Pine Lake, Laporte
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 12:20 PM »
ECHO ECHO echo echo...... ::)

creek21

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Lol
Fish on :)

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Thanks Rick for the report, great news.
Eyes thru the ice, I can't wait.
Wallin

icecleate

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed

crappiehunter

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Great news!!! The lake deserves their support thanks dnr
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Ducker

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:08 PM »
That's good news. The PNA fisherman club out of south bend is also working with the IDNR to stock walleyes in Pine Lake this year. Hopefully the DNR will allow it. Would be additional 500-600 7"-8" fish .

creek21

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2013, 12:51 AM »
I hope these walleye do well it would be nice to go out an catch some nice walleye there
Fish on :)

High Flags

« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2013, 06:27 AM »
Pine lake can grow some nice Walleyes. They stocked some several years back and I have landed a few 7lb fish from there. 

Glad to hear the Dnr is working on Pine.......I wonder why they decided to stock Pine??

Heard they just stopped stocking eyes at  Lake of the Woods maybe the had some extra fish??

They should throw some in Stone to eat up some of the small Perch

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Good clear water. I caught a couple 1 1/2 lbs last year fishing for gills on North Pine. Hopefully a few will make it.

Up in the UP the lake I fish use to get several thousand up to 30,000 a year that size. Took several years for them to take hold. That lake doesn't have enough flow or wave action for walleyes to spawn on their own and consequently was pretty much dependent on stocking program. Had great fishing for 2-5 pounders for a number of years but when DNR ran out of money and quit stocking about 8 years ago, the walleye all but disappeared now. They stocked 40 some lakes in Iron County for 10-15 years but now down to 6 lakes. Heard this summer they were going to again  start stocking. Good news.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I know a person that pulled a 10 lber out of north pine right behind gracies two years ago ice fishing. He had it mounted and while mounting was in process he died in a car accident and the family had it at his viewing since he was an avid fisherman. Sad story but nice to know that there are some big ones in there!!

High Flags

« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Wow!  that's a crazy story.   Nice to hear about the big fish but sad for the guy who died and never got to see his mount.  Maybe someone in his family will hang that fish on the wall and  will look up at that fish and think of him from time to time.

Makes you think... like the old saying...live every day like its your last..... you never know

justtrollin85

« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Wow!  that's a crazy story.   Nice to hear about the big fish but sad for the guy who died and never got to see his mount.  Maybe someone in his family will hang that fish on the wall and  will look up at that fish and think of him from time to time.

Makes you think... like the old saying...live every day like its your last..... you never know

Sad thing about it is not many people have the money to do so..

wallin

« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2013, 06:22 PM »
I used to fish Pine alot, theres always been eyes in there as far as I can remember, not alot but you would hear of one being caught from time to time.
Wallin

libo

« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2013, 04:56 PM »
in dnr used to stock pine an stone with thousands of fingerling eyes, which where eaten as fast as stocked. 6" perch love them. quit because of poor results. 6'' to 8'' eyes more costly to raise but have much better surviveally rates. steve from kasst bait did his own stocking with bigger eyes, also lake assoc. stocked some. I've caught a few eyes from these stocking, best was 26'' from stone lake beach.glad to see dnr went the extra lenght to stock 6'' to 8'' in the lakes. catch an release is a good thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.