FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gotta love March in Indiana  (Read 1080 times)

taxid

Gotta love March in Indiana
« on: Mar 10, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Was going to feed the trout in one of my ponds this morning; no go. All four ponds on my property are frozen over again. About a 3/8's inch. Obviously won't l last but...

I remember back in the 70's in high school we would get snowstorms about basketball sectional time. Anybody remember that?

I see the area of Massachusetts I used to live at got 18 inches of snow the other day (Harvard) and Pepperall got 20 inches according to the NWS and is expecting another snowstorm this weekend? I guess I shouldn't complain. OTOH those nor'easters were the the high point of a little kids's life when I lived out there. Didn't have to drive of course!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

Re: Gotta love March in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2018, 11:43 AM »
I REMEMBER THE ICE STORMS. THERE  WERE TIMES WHEN WE DIDNT GET THE SNOW BUT HAD OVER A INCH OF ICE. HAD TO CHIP INSTEAD OF SHOVEL LOL. THE GOOD OL DAYS.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Oh please no ice storms! I'll take the snow over ice any day!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kfishdoctor

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2018, 09:48 AM »
As I remember(correct me) around  march 14th of 99 we had a real bad storm. Both ice and snow that shut the calumet area down for days. At the time I lived on the south side of hammond and our power was out 4 days. People in crown point went for up to 8 days. March can be real nasty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.