FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Lake Perch report?  (Read 1826 times)

wallin

Big Lake Perch report?
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:29 PM »
No one fishing the big lake?
Going to try N B tomorrow, might be the last time on the big lake for them perch.
Wallin

abishop

Re: Big Lake Perch report?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:25 PM »
GET YA SUM, GOOD LUCK. LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. THINKING MIGHT GIVE IT A TRY ON SATURDAY- SOMEWHERE.....???????

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:31 PM »
Day started about 8am, started good got 6 right off the bat and then it shut down, marked some big fish in pods, I think salmon came thru, picked up 2 more in about 3hrs. Went south and couldn't find a fish so returned back north and couldn't find any so we headed out to some old waypoints I had in 45 ft of water and decided to give it a half hour and give it up. Well we were putting things away and boom at 50 ft we found 7 nice big plump fish and a few doubles and it was a ball to pull them from 50 ft, all keepers over 9 inchs, ended with 15 descent fish. May have been the last trip on the big lake this year for us, we'll see, time to head inland.
Water was very very cloudy , temp was 58 to 59 degrees.
Good Luck.
Wallin

fishcrazy

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Wow 50 ft huh.  We had to work for a couple limits but still only took about 4 hours. Stayed around 20 ft all day. They were scattered no big pods. Look d for random small weed beds and they were there right to the bottom. Always in the warmest areas around 61 degrees

wallin

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Any size to them fishs ?
Wallin

fishcrazy

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2019, 02:28 PM »
The only one I would have thrown back bled all over me so he kept. All nice size

fishcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Surface. The buoy was reading same temp down to about 20 ft   Dropped quite a bit in the last two days. Down to 57 or so   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.