FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: perch and time of year  (Read 6050 times)

madbomber

perch and time of year
« on: Mar 29, 2004, 06:01 AM »
need a little help here.do perch quit biteing when they spawn,just befor,just after. The deal is I know a spot I was hitting them good on late ice,Ice is bad now be gone in a couple of days.Are those perch  still there...will they bite...I know they will be spawning soon. should I try as soon as the Ice is gone or weight a weak or to.
MADBOMBER

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
Re: perch and time of year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2004, 06:02 PM »
Hey you got some looks but no info whats up with the tight lips

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:00 PM »
need a little help here.do perch quit biteing when they spawn,just befor,just after. The deal is I know a spot I was hitting them good on late ice,Ice is bad now be gone in a couple of days.Are those perch  still there...will they bite...I know they will be spawning soon. should I try as soon as the Ice is gone or weight a weak or to.

Well Thing is they will hit the shallows when they spawn and spots where minnows are ..If you are pretty shallow there then try there first..Then if not try some spots near shore ....
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

madbomber

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:16 AM »
BASICLLY FISH WHERE THE FISH ARE................ ;)
MADBOMBER

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2004, 07:48 AM »
I have found that the perch seem to stop biting during the spawn but feed like crazy just after.
FTD

madbomber

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2004, 08:38 AM »
should I try shallow or a little deeper
MADBOMBER

Somers

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:43 AM »
weed bed edges.  Perch drop their eggs in long ribbons on the plant growth and should still be there following the spawn.  I've gotten them 3-30' following the spawn.

madbomber

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2004, 11:56 AM »
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INFO.

<'}}}}}}}<MADBOMBER
MADBOMBER

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:25 PM »
Anyone fish Central NY for pre and post spawn perch? When do you find that they usually spawn here in the North East? What water temp should we look to for spawning perch?

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

TJ

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 10:48 PM »
weed bed edges.  Perch drop their eggs in long ribbons on the plant growth and should still be there following the spawn.  I've gotten them 3-30' following the spawn.

Just like Somers said, weed beds. But they will bite pre-spawn too. You should get pre & post, males & females this time of the year, it is the fastest action of the year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.