FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who else is ready?  (Read 2565 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Who else is ready?
« on: Mar 17, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Scouted a bunch of boat ramps over the weekend and found plenty of options that should be ready in another day or two... Got the Nitro off mothballs and into the driveway and fired her on the muffs, all systems are go. Even got all my boat registrations back from Concord in quick order, though I did send them in in mid-February this year. Started going through the long rods last night and will finish the job tonight. I'll be floating somewhere this weekend, maybe earlier... We're dead at the shop now that the sky is falling and we're all doomed, might be able to blow off Thursday or Friday to hit the water. Anyone else ready to hit the open water this weekend? Kinda weird typing this as I watch it snow out the window lol.

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
Re: Who else is ready?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2020, 12:59 PM »
I’m ready....I hit the ice one last time on Sunday for a mental health day and only produced a few YP.  It was rough getting on... ice gear is officially on the shelf ....got out my fly rod and cleaned my line put on a new leader... also cleaned with my spinning reels, not sure the streams up north are quite ready yet, still early...I’m going out an scouting some thinner blue lines in SWNH not expecting much....but it’s an escape

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2020, 01:36 PM »
I’m in for saturday as well..with no school I have a bunch of time to get ready..did all my rods just need to put in the batteries..don’t forget those storm wigglewarts stealth
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Haha, was thinking of you when I put a half dozen warts in with the annual spring restocking gear order last week...

bikrsrule

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Took the boat for a test run on turtletown on Saturday and tried out the new fishfinder, going to hit massy after work tomorrow to try some trolling for brown and rainbows..Good luck to all this season and stay dry... :D

AquaAssassin

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2020, 07:14 PM »
I feel like I never see wigglewarts anymore? I don’t go looking for them but I never see them. They useto be a must. The Mann’s -1 always did well too
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:40 AM »
Hopefully I'll get to splash the boat tomorrow for a shakedown run. Started it last week only to discover my young grandson broke the throttle cable one day when grandma let him play in the boat. I'll have the new one installed today. Was planning a trip to Ohio in two weeks to fish the walleye run with my brother, but with the virus stuff going down, it's on hold. Looks like local fun for a while. Good luck and good health to all.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2020, 03:34 PM »
I feel like I never see wigglewarts anymore? I don’t go looking for them but I never see them. They useto be a must. The Mann’s -1 always did well too
I never see warts local anymore either, just online but that seems the way now... I'm a Bomber fan, Long A jerks and Fat A cranks used to be available anywhere, now they are tougher to find without going to a .com Times are changing...

jibbs

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2020, 06:17 AM »
impossible to find..I have 6 originals that go for about 40 to 50 dollars on each on eBay..afraid to throw them ..I just use the new mold now..Mann’s 1 minus is awesome for deep water smallies ..twitch then on the surface ..killed the smallies one year on newfound in 40 feet of water
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

AquaAssassin

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Correct me if I’m wrong, the wigglewarts I see now or later on weren’t the exact same. They swim far different now.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2020, 08:24 AM »
Also picked up some Heddon sonar flash baits... Never seen them before, look very similar to silver buddies. Thinking they should perform as well.

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Correct me if I’m wrong, the wigglewarts I see now or later on weren’t the exact same. They swim far different now.
correct the old mold had a better wobble compared to the new ones ..I tend to throw new ones and when I find my non hang up areas I pull out the old dogs

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2020, 01:28 PM »
Finally. All systems go. Didn't fish much due to time limits, but it sure felt good being back on the water. Good luck everyone.

bikrsrule

« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Finally made it out  yesterday to do a little trolling and checking out the new electronics..No fish but everything worked as it should..

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Got out on the Contoocook river yesterday morning, ended up having to fish the shoreline though. The Nitro wouldn't pump water after I launched it even though it had good water pressure on the muffs a few days ago... Thinking the pick ups were just blocked with a little ice but will throw a pump at it before the weekend anyway... Pretty limited area where I was walking and only found a bunch of rock bass and some chubs... Still good to be wandering around in the sun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.