FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who else is ready?  (Read 2562 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Who else is ready?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Got out on the Contoocook river yesterday morning, ended up having to fish the shoreline though. The Nitro wouldn't pump water after I launched it even though it had good water pressure on the muffs a few days ago... Thinking the pick ups were just blocked with a little ice but will throw a pump at it before the weekend anyway... Pretty limited area where I was walking and only found a bunch of rock bass and some chubs... Still good to be wandering around in the sun.

No trolling motor on the Nitro? Or just didn't plan on using it? I did a new pump on my Sylvan last year.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: Who else is ready?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:15 AM »
No trolling motor on the Nitro? Or just didn't plan on using it? I did a new pump on my Sylvan last year.

It's got a trolling motor, but the bay the ramp is in was still pretty well locked up so I would have to travel up or down river further than I wanted to with the electric to get into fishy waters. I change the impellor every other season just to stay reliable, this one only has a few hours on it since doing it last year so I'm thinking it was just me not trimming the motor down after running it on muffs that left water in the pick up to freeze... She was pushing air out of the tell tale, so just not picking up water... After 90 seconds of idling and hoping it would thaw and flow I gave up, probably toasted this impellor doing that but was worth a shot... I can swap it out in 15 minutes and already have a kit on hand. She'll be ready for Saturday...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.