FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Could this happen in NH?  (Read 6520 times)

Steve H.

Could this happen in NH?
« on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:30 AM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/wdfw-closes-recreational-fishing-statewide-wake-governors-order-stay-home-stay-healthy

While not in NH, I'm really hoping Cashman's Landing is open in June for the striper season on the Merrimack.  I won't be surprised if the Rye and Hampton state launches are closed, at this point nothing would surprise me.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Roccus

Re: Could this happen in NH?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Pretty freaking dumb on their part.

A man all alone in his boat is as good a social distance as you are going to get...my lobster pots are going in May, 1, they will look pretty stupid arresting me... iI'll be sure to Keep Morgan and Morgan on speed dial.. and if my socks not in, I'll be using Cashman park..
.society has gotten so stupid with this whole thing

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Banning something and enforcing the ban are two very different things... I'm not concerned in the least that this virus will change my fishing habits.

Roccus

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:42 AM »
Banning something and enforcing the ban are two very different things... I'm not concerned in the least that this virus will change my fishing habits.

They will never take us alive!

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:45 AM »
They will never take us alive!

You got that right Roc, We still have a constitution in this country and those rights shall not be infringed...

Roccus

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:50 AM »
You got that right Roc, We still have a constitution in this country and those rights shall not be infringed...
I work for a medical implant company,  this place is nuts right now,I'm happy to be working,  but all my retirement stocks are porked, going to have to keep working until things rebound a bit...
Instead of oiling and greasing machining,  I spend my days wiping them with alcohol...its already getting old.

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:04 PM »
“Live free or die”

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:05 PM »
I work for a medical implant company,  this place is nuts right now,I'm happy to be working,  but all my retirement stocks are porked, going to have to keep working until things rebound a bit...
Instead of oiling and greasing machining,  I spend my days wiping them with alcohol...its already getting old.

I hear ya, my retirement accounts are a mess as well. Me and the boss are still showing up at the shop (the hourly guys have been laid off already) but there's nothing to do, our customers that are still working are saving every penny fearing the worst and people sitting at home don't break their cars... We can ride it out for a  month or 2 but after that... who knows. Time to go fishing and forget about it for a while.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2020, 02:40 PM »
I hear ya, my retirement accounts are a mess as well. Me and the boss are still showing up at the shop (the hourly guys have been laid off already) but there's nothing to do, our customers that are still working are saving every penny fearing the worst and people sitting at home don't break their cars... We can ride it out for a  month or 2 but after that... who knows. Time to go fishing and forget about it for a while.
Both your customers and retirement accounts are going to come back, Stealth. Stay the course and don't give up the ship.

zwiggles

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2020, 02:57 PM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/wdfw-closes-recreational-fishing-statewide-wake-governors-order-stay-home-stay-healthy

While not in NH, I'm really hoping Cashman's Landing is open in June for the striper season on the Merrimack.  I won't be surprised if the Rye and Hampton state launches are closed, at this point nothing would surprise me.

I can see they have the public beaches listed in the shut down, but I don’t see anything about public launches.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Both your customers and retirement accounts are going to come back, Stealth. Stay the course and don't give up the ship.

From your lips to god's ears CD... Stay safe and healthy my friend.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2020, 04:13 PM »
I’m still balls out at work! I just turn on WEEI and start throwing stone around, doing a stone floor on a pinwheel pattern today. 1700’s era home, what a bastard to keep flat and square, because it’s cold again I need a heater so my mortar sets up wtfff

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Frank nothing is square or flat in a 1700's era house. I know I have been working on my 1790 house since 1985. Good luck.

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:48 AM »
I’m still balls out at work! I just turn on WEEI and start throwing stone around, doing a stone floor on a pinwheel pattern today. 1700’s era home, what a bastard to keep flat and square, because it’s cold again I need a heater so my mortar sets up wtfff

Nice work AA,  EEI an the Hill Man

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2020, 09:48 AM »
Nice work Frank... They must be running out of stuff to talk about on EEI with all sports closed. I've been losing it with all the UFC fights being cancelled for the foreseeable future, soccer moms scrapping in the isles over tp just ain't the same.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.