FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Could this happen in NH?  (Read 6516 times)

AquaAssassin

Re: Could this happen in NH?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Nice work AA,  EEI an the Hill Man

Yessa! Thanks!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Nice work Frank... They must be running out of stuff to talk about on EEI with all sports closed. I've been losing it with all the UFC fights being cancelled for the foreseeable future, soccer moms scrapping in the isles over tp just ain't the same.

Tom Brady still dominating the airwaves.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Tom Brady still dominating the airwaves.

It’s hard to believe, but all they do is just put a different spin on it an it fills a time slot.. it’s great hearing Wiggy an Hill man get into it

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Geez Frank, that's some serious work. Are you mostly bending over or using knee pads?

AquaAssassin

« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2020, 03:56 PM »
Geez Frank, that's some serious work. Are you mostly bending over or using knee pads?

Oh no, no bending if I can help it these days, just crawling around with my San Francisco slippers on!  ;D

AquaAssassin

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Either way makes me sound fruity  :P

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:37 PM »
San Francisco slippers... LMAO, hadn't heard that one before...

AquaAssassin

« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:38 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2020, 09:04 PM »
I work for a medical implant company,  this place is nuts right now,I'm happy to be working,  but all my retirement stocks are porked, going to have to keep working until things rebound a bit...
Instead of oiling and greasing machining,  I spend my days wiping them with alcohol...its already getting old.

If you haven't already you should be able to park all of your 401k into a money market depending on the plan.  I did a while ago after taking a 17% hit.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Oh no, no bending if I can help it these days, just crawling around with my San Francisco slippers on!  ;D
Exactly the answer I was hoping for.
Me neither.  :rotflol:

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:13 AM »
Pretty freaking dumb on their part.

A man all alone in his boat is as good a social distance as you are going to get...my lobster pots are going in May, 1, they will look pretty stupid arresting me... iI'll be sure to Keep Morgan and Morgan on speed dial.. and if my socks not in, I'll be using Cashman park..
.society has gotten so stupid with this whole thing

Everyone thinks it's dumb, but it's really sort of not. I was up north snowmobiling a week and a half ago when we got noticed that the snowmobiling Trails were closing. This was in Aroostock Cty Maine. My buddy freaked out saying that what could be a better method of social distancing than snowmobiling. I do understand his point, but the fact is they don't want tourism. If you're fishing, you're buying bait, you're buying gas for your boat, you're going to the marina, you are getting take out or buying ice... you are using money and card machines and door handles. The fact is they need to lower the curve and the only way to do that is to keep everyone at home and eliminate all travel and tourism/recreation.

Of course there is a valid argument that the curve will only drop if we are in total lockdown... this half a$$ stay at home deal actually doesn't go far enough to drop the curve. We could be over this thing by Easter easily if we really did totally stay at home, but that is not going to happen.

Steve H.

« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Lots of places I can (and will) fish that don't involve interacting with a single person.  Never buy bait except occasionally eels in August, and I've got more flies and lures than I'll ever need in my lifetime.  I'll wipe down the handle of the self-service gas pump.  Lots of ponds within a short distance where I can slip my solo canoe in away from parks and boat launches.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Roccus

« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:07 AM »
still have to work, ( medical implants and trauma repair patches) .. but haven't been to a store in 2 weeks..what I have done, is to set myself up to brew my own beer... I'll be making wort Sunday morning.. I've got all the ingredient for a fine oatmeal stout.

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Everyone thinks it's dumb, but it's really sort of not. I was up north snowmobiling a week and a half ago when we got noticed that the snowmobiling Trails were closing. This was in Aroostock Cty Maine. My buddy freaked out saying that what could be a better method of social distancing than snowmobiling. I do understand his point, but the fact is they don't want tourism. If you're fishing, you're buying bait, you're buying gas for your boat, you're going to the marina, you are getting take out or buying ice... you are using money and card machines and door handles. The fact is they need to lower the curve and the only way to do that is to keep everyone at home and eliminate all travel and tourism/recreation.

Of course there is a valid argument that the curve will only drop if we are in total lockdown... this half a$$ stay at home deal actually doesn't go far enough to drop the curve. We could be over this thing by Easter easily if we really did totally stay at home, but that is not going to happen.

I almost always like what you post Jethro but this one seems like you drank 2 gallons of media kool aid. 

If they were to try to ban fishing I am going anyways...if I get stopped on the way then I am grocery shopping...if you can find me on the river...well then I deserve to get caught.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:33 PM »
I almost always like what you post Jethro but this one seems like you drank 2 gallons of media kool aid. 

If they were to try to ban fishing I am going anyways...if I get stopped on the way then I am grocery shopping...if you can find me on the river...well then I deserve to get caught.

I heard that they did away with opening day in CT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.