FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Could this happen in NH?  (Read 6545 times)

Steve H.

Re: Could this happen in NH?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:35 PM »
I heard that they did away with opening day in CT.

Maine, too, if that wasn't already mentioned.  Free fishing there until April 30.  No license required for residents or non-residents.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:04 PM »
I almost always like what you post Jethro but this one seems like you drank 2 gallons of media kool aid. 

If they were to try to ban fishing I am going anyways...if I get stopped on the way then I am grocery shopping...if you can find me on the river...well then I deserve to get caught.

Yeah I get it and don't blame you, it's a little tin foil hat but that's the idea behind these kinds of closures. I don't know what to believe actually, I stopped watching the news last week, it's getting too much. There are smart people ( like most on here, you, Roccus, etc) that will fish responsibly and with proper social distancing, but then there are the meatsticks that will do all the bad stuff I said. They want to stop the tourists from just doing their thing and thinking they don't matter in all this. It's pure math, lower the numbers and lower exposure, that's the idea. But as I said, it's like putting a piece of screen door over a hole in the dam. The water is all going to come out eventually, just a tiny bit slower. Only a solid plug is going to stop the water completely.

I find it funny how on just about the same day the Maine Snowmobiling Association closed all the state and local trails ( and there could have been another 3 weeks from now up there), the Maine IFW opened all fishing and basically asked people to recreate outdoors. Just goes to show the two schools of thought from the same State. But then again, more people from NY go snowmobiling in Northern Maine than those who fish... and they are in the restaurants and gas stations and hotels.

Finally, I find it funny how many MA and NY and CT license plates I have been seeing here in NH. So they are out of work so why not go to the lake or mountain house and have a vacation? That's what we don't need- and that's not kool aid man. That's what Im talking about.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #32 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:08 PM »
I fished twice this weekend... Didn't bump into anyone, didn't go to a marina, didn't get ice or take out, didn't buy bait. Just went fishing, granted I did use my truck so I'll have to fuel it at some point but seeing how I've been deemed essential to the workforce I'd be touching the pumps anyways. I'll be going again in the next few days as well... Good luck to those who try to stop me, if you try to take everything from a man, he really no longer has anything to lose except for his will to fight for what he believes.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #33 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:29 PM »
still have to work, ( medical implants and trauma repair patches) .. but haven't been to a store in 2 weeks..what I have done, is to set myself up to brew my own beer... I'll be making wort Sunday morning.. I've got all the ingredient for a fine oatmeal stout.

I wish you lived up here Joe, we could do some amazing things  ;)
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #34 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:29 PM »
I doubt it will happen here, WA State is in a bad way right now with this thing. And the Govenor wasn't exactly happy about even issuing the stay at home advisory so I cant imagine they will shut down fishing or make anything mandatory. Even non-essential businesses can stay open iv they want to. Nothing is forced. Hopefully things start to improve cause I'm sick of it that's for sure.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #35 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Yeah I get it and don't blame you, it's a little tin foil hat but that's the idea behind these kinds of closures. I don't know what to believe actually, I stopped watching the news last week, it's getting too much. There are smart people ( like most on here, you, Roccus, etc) that will fish responsibly and with proper social distancing, but then there are the meatsticks that will do all the bad stuff I said. They want to stop the tourists from just doing their thing and thinking they don't matter in all this. It's pure math, lower the numbers and lower exposure, that's the idea. But as I said, it's like putting a piece of screen door over a hole in the dam. The water is all going to come out eventually, just a tiny bit slower. Only a solid plug is going to stop the water completely.

I find it funny how on just about the same day the Maine Snowmobiling Association closed all the state and local trails ( and there could have been another 3 weeks from now up there), the Maine IFW opened all fishing and basically asked people to recreate outdoors. Just goes to show the two schools of thought from the same State. But then again, more people from NY go snowmobiling in Northern Maine than those who fish... and they are in the restaurants and gas stations and hotels.

Finally, I find it funny how many MA and NY and CT license plates I have been seeing here in NH. So they are out of work so why not go to the lake or mountain house and have a vacation? That's what we don't need- and that's not kool aid man. That's what Im talking about.

All dead on!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #36 on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:45 AM »
I heard that they did away with opening day in CT.

Nope, they opened it earlier!

lowaccord66

« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:50 AM »

People will travel north as they always have, that hasn't changed, nor do I think it should.  Sick people or people who have been exposed to high risk areas should stay home. 

I have seen the same 6 people for 4 weeks and am healthy, you better believe I feel that I should be able to travel where I want or need to go. 

Now I get it, there are people going to your state that are probably not as mindful, but remember this...we do not react like this about the flu...and we are still a long effin way off how many people die of the flu in a year, even with the increases.

I'm confused about the philosophy of all this.  We are going through great measures to protect life from corona, when statistically there are greater threats.  Millions die of heart disease, no ban on french fries....

To me, this has been a game of how far politicians can push the boundaries of their power. 

Steve H.

« Reply #38 on: Apr 01, 2020, 11:53 AM »
...we do not react like this about the flu...and we are still a long effin way off how many people die of the flu in a year, even with the increases.

This is way more dangerous than the flu.  Both in terms of contagiousness and mortality. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #39 on: Apr 01, 2020, 03:37 PM »
This is way more dangerous than the flu.  Both in terms of contagiousness and mortality.

I disagree about the mortality rate.  They are calculating that off an unknown number of infections.  If they tested everyone tomorrow we'd all know the actual truth about how deadly this really is.  The mortality rate in the US is off balance because of the lack of testing. 

That said my point is, there is no panic for an annual loss of life of 260-560k people globally...happens every year with the flu, something we've been losing life to for decades....so all of a sudden this is a big deal and the 68000 Americans that died in the 2017-2018 flu season were barely mentioned in the news and none of us blinked....that's my point.

This is a big deal because 2 entities you should never trust say so...the news and govt.  Even trump's top doc flipped and went from saying about equal to the flu (published feb in new england journal of medicine after an actual study of the disease) then in March in front of congress he said "10x deadlier"

Regardless I hope we all stay healthy and can fish.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:27 PM »
http://www.worldometers.info/
January 1, through March 25, 2020:
Coronavirus, 21,000 deaths.
Seasonal flu, 113,000.
Malaria, 228,000.
Suicide, 249,000.
Traffic fatalities, 313, almost 314,000 deaths.
HIV/AIDS, 391,000 deaths.
Alcohol related deaths, 581,000.
Smoking-related deaths, 1,162,000.
Cancer deaths, 1,909,000 deaths.
Deaths attributed to starvation, 2,382,000 deaths.
And death by abortion, 9,900,000.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.