FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat registration  (Read 3271 times)

winnicookie

Boat registration
« on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Any marinas still open? Closed around alton. Dmv is slow slow slow.  Fishing unregistered like a car because of this covid crap

AquaAssassin

Re: Boat registration
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:27 AM »
In Maine we are all set on non registered atvs
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

winnicookie

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:28 AM »
Nice. I'll have to look into it here in nh.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2020, 08:09 AM »
My registration is still pending in Concord, I'm sure they're swamped.  Don't expect my stickers any time soon.  I'm using my boat this weekend regardless but I'll have my renewal notice with me.  Hopefully that's enough should I get spoken to.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

MikeF-NH

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Every town hall in NH is closed or remotely manned. All DMVs are closed or not giving out registrations. Registrations are handled via online or email in payment...wait for processing and the stickers to get mailed back. For those of you who have not begun the registration process yet....you may not be registered for the beginning of the season on April 1.

While what I am about to say will probably swamp these people...I'm doing it as a service to fellow fishermen and suggest that if you are not in a rush to get registered...use the mail in route to keep this vendor from getting overwhelmed with 100s of boat registrations per day....             
Dockside Marine (aka B&H Oil) in Salem - as a fuel carrier and convenience store got a "necessary business" exemption are in open and is doing boat registrations. If you do go there, do the vendor a favor and buy something other than the registration for which they make nothing. Fill your car with gas, buy a soda and some chips or a cup of coffee....anything to thank them for being open during the crisis.

While there may be other marinas or sporting good shops open that handle registrations...this was the only one in the state that I found in my search yesterday.

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2020, 09:32 AM »
I called around and found everywhere closed as well.  I didn't know that my city clerk office did boat registrations and that I always went to my local DMV office but their closed as well.  So I just mailed my reg. and check and I should have my new stickers Monday...I would not have any issue taking boat out without the new stickers.  I can't wait to see how many people give me grief while driving down the road towing the boat since were not suppose to leave the house. 
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:56 PM »
I've said this before...I wouldn't rely on Concord unless you're sending those registrations right in as soon as you get them in the mail. Personally, I never wanted them leaving my hands. I always had them done at the tackle shop/marina closest to me and did the most business with.   
Down this way, Dover Marine always took care of me. In a normal year, your town clerk was always a good option.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2020, 09:43 PM »
I brought my paperwork to the town Hall friday thinking I was beating the shut downs. They had a sign on  the door saying town hall is open but no visitors. So I called and was able to drop off all my paperwork and checks in the drop box. She said it would process Monday first thing and I'd have it by Wed in My mailbox. Wanted to splash it today but had to install my trolling motor instead.

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Reg stickers came in the mail today.  Just 10 days since I mailed the renewal into Concord.  Pleasantly surprised. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

winnicookie

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Lucky you. I'm stickerkess.

bikrsrule

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2020, 04:27 PM »
Good Job Steve, hope you get to fish tomorrow, I have to work so catch 1 or 2 for me, I will be out on Saturday..

El capitan

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:40 PM »
dmv concord drop box pick up 3-4 pm easy quick pay be phone credit card. no reason to panic. other dmvs do the same call them

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:28 PM »
I got my stickers today. Woohoo! Too bad Sunapee is still iced in.

Steve H.

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:00 PM »
Good Job Steve, hope you get to fish tomorrow, I have to work so catch 1 or 2 for me, I will be out on Saturday..

I'm still working too, thankfully, so won't be until Sat or Sun for me either.  Good luck to you!

Steve H.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:01 PM »
I got my stickers today. Woohoo! Too bad Sunapee is still iced in.

Good that you got your stickers quicker than expected.  One less thing to worry about.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.