FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any opening day reports?  (Read 2467 times)

winnicookie

Any opening day reports?
« on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:43 PM »
Stuck home homeschooling.  Fish and game ramp was packed this morning in alton.

Steve H.

Re: Any opening day reports?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:50 PM »
Fish and game ramp was packed this morning in alton.

Downing's Landing?  Surprised it was open.  Not because of covid but because the facility is still under construction, at least I thought it was.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

winnicookie

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Yes downing's. I figured it was too. The launch has a small concrete barricade in front of it but plenty of room to launch to the side. 

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:56 PM »
Good news, thanks for the update.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:58 PM »
So no trailers, I take it.  Just car-toppers, canoes and kayaks?

winnicookie

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2020, 03:00 PM »
Plenty of trailers.  Lot was just about full.

bikrsrule

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2020, 03:03 PM »
I will be heading out in the morning, got the day off due to rain day tomorrow, not sure if I would head to alton or gilford. Any reports from either side of the lake?

skinnywater

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2020, 05:50 PM »
I will be heading out in the morning, got the day off due to rain day tomorrow, not sure if I would head to alton or gilford. Any reports from either side of the lake?

Where do launch out of Gilford?
greenshack on shanty

bikrsrule

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:12 AM »
launch at gilford at glendale marine patrol

skinnywater

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2020, 09:51 AM »
launch at gilford at glendale marine patrol

Thanks for the update.  I didn't go up that way Tuesday looking for launches. I went up the Wolfeboro side which had access but also was still iced up as ways out.  The ice should be gone after this forecast wind.
greenshack on shanty

bikrsrule

« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:43 AM »
Launched at Glendale today, I only have a 14' boat so I stayed in the cove at Glendale for the most part, winds were very strong. Picked up 1 nice salmon on a joe smelt trolled flatline, only bite I got, fished about 3 hrs..

winnicookie

« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:49 AM »
Nice. Do you know the water temperature?

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:22 AM »
None from me! I drove around Sunapee the other day, there is a lot of ice still there. Sunapee Harbor still had ice at about the no wake zone. Georges Mills as well. Went down 103A where you an get a slight glimpse of the main body of the lake, a whole lot of ice. I think they need more warm in addition to some wind.

I was waiting on the final piece of the puzzle for my trolling motor, the 3 bank charger for the 36 system.  Obviously couldn't discharge the 3 batts without a way to blast them back up. Those first few charge cycles are critical. But Amazon pulled through today! 

Supervisor

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Guys,

I happened to be up at Downings yesterday morning and counted about 10 trailers parked in the lot.  There is a little spit of shoreline to the right side of the ramp that really should NOT be used to launch trailered boats.  Cartops and kayaks/canoes is probably okay.  I'll check with our Access Program coordinator regarding this.  Stay tuned.
Scott Decker, NHFGD Inland Fisheries Supervisor

Johnnh

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Isn't Glendale for residents of Gilford with a pass to be passed on dashboard, or has this changed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.