FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Open ramp with a dock?  (Read 1471 times)

Joehomey

Open ramp with a dock?
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:08 AM »
Does anyone know of a lake that is already open and has a dock in? We would love to put our new-to-us boat in the water and give it try with the family. Most of our go-to ponds in southern nh don't have docks which was fine for a jonboat but not so much for a center console.  Thanks in advance

Gold Rush

Re: Open ramp with a dock?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:01 AM »
The NH Fish & Game boat facility for Winnisquam Lake in Laconia on Water Street has a boat launch ramp with docks.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:29 AM »
I would guess they stay in on Squam but I'm not for sure. If there is any open water there.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:33 AM »
I'd call Winnisquam Marine.  If anyone has them in, I'd guess it'd be there.  Plus there's usually a good amount of open water in that area.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Joehomey

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:21 PM »
Thank you all. Winnisquam is open according to Winnnisquam Marine. I think I'll try the public ramp there this weekend.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I would guess they stay in on Squam but I'm not for sure. If there is any open water there.
For those that don't know, Squam's fish have been determined unsafe to eat. Don't quote me, but I think it may be PPBs? You can Google it.
Sad to have such a beautiful, clear lake polluted.

whitewing

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Seahunt right on. Several tests were done - at this time only PCB data has come back from the lab. Remaining data is awaited. Handling fish is fine - eating them is not. Catch and release is not impacted.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:16 PM »
For those that don't know, Squam's fish have been determined unsafe to eat. Don't quote me, but I think it may be PPBs? You can Google it.
Sad to have such a beautiful, clear lake polluted.

I only fish there for smallmouth, but that is not good to hear. Bummer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.