FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smallmouth Tips for Lake Winni  (Read 2157 times)

unbrahb

Smallmouth Tips for Lake Winni
« on: Jul 14, 2011, 01:23 PM »
taking my nephew out next week.  he's 10.  looking to get him on some fish.  we will be staying in alton bay so sticking to that end of the lake is preferable.  any general spot ideas?  aka gimme yo honey hole!  jk.  maybe not.   

PDubs/NH

Re: Smallmouth Tips for Lake Winni
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2011, 11:25 AM »
taking my nephew out next week.  he's 10.  looking to get him on some fish.  we will be staying in alton bay so sticking to that end of the lake is preferable.  any general spot ideas?  aka gimme yo honey hole!  jk.  maybe not.   

Dont know much about that end of the lake... always fished Lee's Mills down to the Graveyard area when I hit Winni a lot.

...but Id suggest topwater baits very early, and very late, around rockpiles and points adjacent to deeper water... and while the crowds are out try working some smaller soft plastics - 4" worms, lizards, tube baits, grubs, etc. - down at the bottom in that deeper water - carloina rigs, "whacky rigs", drop-shotting, etc

unbrahb

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Dont know much about that end of the lake... always fished Lee's Mills down to the Graveyard area when I hit Winni a lot.

...but Id suggest topwater baits very early, and very late, around rockpiles and points adjacent to deeper water... and while the crowds are out try working some smaller soft plastics - 4" worms, lizards, tube baits, grubs, etc. - down at the bottom in that deeper water - carloina rigs, "whacky rigs", drop-shotting, etc

thanks a bunch.  anyone have any opinions of back bay in wolfeboro; or the basin in winter harbor

HERE FISHY FISHY

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Back bay might be holding some fish theres a deep hole below the dam that they seem to hide in but i would stick to main lake points look for spar bouys fish all around them fish inside them in the am and as the sun gets high go to the deeper side of the markers use baits that will get down quick and topwater might work in the mornings.

unbrahb

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Back bay might be holding some fish theres a deep hole below the dam that they seem to hide in but i would stick to main lake points look for spar bouys fish all around them fish inside them in the am and as the sun gets high go to the deeper side of the markers use baits that will get down quick and topwater might work in the mornings.

thanks fishy fishy!  i appreciate you taking the time. 

pipes18079

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Been doing real well with pumkin colored cut tail worms dropshoted around deeper rocks

HERE FISHY FISHY

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2011, 08:06 PM »
thanks pipes i plan on dropshoting for some big girls Saturday during our tournament

xjma

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2011, 11:40 PM »
rocky areas with nearby dropoffs, anywhere with boulders and a dropoff, in alton bay check out the points, wacky rigged senkos and you'll have a bloody thumb in no time.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.