FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any 1 fishing yet  (Read 5885 times)

fishman88

any 1 fishing yet
« on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:51 AM »
has any 1 been fishin yet? i cant wait!!!!

BJ

Re: any 1 fishing yet
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Havent got out yet,but I will very soon. Gotta get rid of this snow and ice first.

icehole69

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 08:06 AM »
I hope to be trolling for trout as soon as the stocking begins, and it's almost time to start fishing for shad or stripers.I got lucky last year and got a 29" striper in the Westfield River. Good luck everyone

mongo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Ice has finaly melted off of the lake that I live on, just need the water to come back up so I can toss the boat back in the water.

icehole69

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Fished Loon Pond in Springfield yesterday for about 2 hours.I used nightcrawlers/wormblower and powerbait.Had 4 bites but could only catch 1 14' rainbow. It had beautiful colors to it and it swam away just fine when I released it

Anglerkev

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2004, 02:43 PM »
Packed up the ice fishing stuff and tried Puffers, Amherst for a few hours, did not have any luck, large part of pond still had some ice so the spots were limited, ice should be gone by the end of this week, had tons of luck all spring and summer last year.. with the trout..
Kev

Muskie Matt

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Bet you can't wait to get your new rig in the water AnglerKev?!

Anglerkev

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2004, 08:26 PM »
O yeah, a little busy now... but will be bringing it with my Dad on Metacomet next weekend maybe.. Test it out and get the feel of it, let Quabbin settle down for a bit... Might catch some trout too.. Sink the powerbait down.. see what happens :)

massfisher

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:29 PM »
Anglerkey   do you troll with the power bait  or do you  just drift with it.  Do you use any  other lures to troll with suck as streamer or colorados or roostertails. i was there for 4 hours on comet trolling and didn't even have one hit on the roostertails, coorados or streamers.

Anglerkev

« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:36 PM »
1st year with a small boat, was always trout fishing from shore with the powerbait... I think u can have good luck just droppin down the powerbait...heard of some people doing that... I have awsomn luck on those little spinners all summer, panther martins, rooster tails, with a little worm, get those perch/panfish/ even bass... Awsomn lures...

massfisher

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2004, 05:04 AM »
alright that sounds good thanks for the help,

mongo

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2004, 11:24 AM »
Made it out on Saturday and Sunday, best one so far this year was a 19" large that tipped the scale at 3.25/lbs
and right after that was a nice 2/lb smallie. Not a bad way to start the season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.