FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striper fishing near hyde park ny  (Read 975 times)

panfish pirate

Striper fishing near hyde park ny
« on: May 03, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Down this way for work and looking for places to fish from shore near poughkeepsie area..new to Striper fishing.

mr.clean

Re: Striper fishing near hyde park ny
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Panfish Pirate I see you found the Hudson River thread started by Gino@Roundout. I believe the photos Gino posted were taken at a river front park in Highland,NY. across the Mid-Hudson bridge from Poughkeepsie.Below are names and phone numbers for two places that sell bait in Red Hook,NY.. north of Hyde Park Route 9 is the main street of Red Hook. Hopefully one of them carries bait for striped bass and can tell you of a place to fish the Hudson from shore.

Northern Dutchess Archery  7375 South Broadway (rt.9)   845-758-3651   main business is archery equipment but have fishing tackle section. Store on your left as you enter heart of Red Hook business district

Hook,Line&Sinker  99 Mill Street left turn off of rt.9 when traveling north from Hyde Park. I belive an Elk's lodge is on corner where you turn follow Mill Street bait shop is on right just after you cross over Sawkill Creek.

Best to you with the fishing. You may want to send Gino a personal message and see if the two of you can meet up somewhere and he show you some basics of striped bass fishing.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.