FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: canada muskie fishing?  (Read 3646 times)

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
canada muskie fishing?
« on: Aug 20, 2006, 05:35 PM »
i would like to take a trip to Canada to do some fishing for muskie. i would like if anyone can give info on places to go and what time of year is the best to go. i would prefer to cast for them then trolling. if that factors in to the equation.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
Re: canada muskie fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Synergyboy,

Try the French River.  We stay at the French River lodge.  Great place to stay and great pike, walleye, smallmouth bass and musky fishing.  I guess late September and early October are the best times to be up there.  I have also heard the Ottawa River is great for muskies. 

FarginIcehole

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2006, 06:50 AM »
try schells camp and park on the lower french river. www.schellscamp.ca. very affordable this time of year and perfect if your just fishin. plenty of huge muskies and pike and walleyes and bass and about the prettiest place on earth if you ask me. short 3.5 hours north of toronto. been fishing there since 1972. went this summer and had a ball.   Fargin

Frankie Bags

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2007, 09:25 AM »
My buddy goes up to the Pickerel River in Northern Ontario.  They go there exclusively for muskie.  He caught one ~50 inches a couple years back.  Here's the website of the lodge they stay at.  www.wanikewinlodge.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.