FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Top 40 College Games  (Read 10430 times)

pike hound

Re: Top 40 College Games
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2006, 03:58 PM »
The college football polls don't make any sense! Florida State nearly loses to Troy University and they hold at number 9 while Michigan blows out Central by 24 points and they slip a spot. What's up with that? FSU will only at best play 2 ranked teams this year in Florida and Miami, Michigan will play at least 5. FSU is almost as overrated as Texas!  I changed my mind about Ohio State.  I hope every Big Ten team blow out all non-conference opponets, but osu will still lose to the U of M ;D ;D ;D. The ACC and Big 12 are highly overrated. I think Texas and FSU proved that this weekend. Next week should be an awesome week as Michigan plays Notre Dame in what should be a offensive shootout and close but Michigan should pull it out this year!

archbishop

« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Michigan should pull it out this year!

WILL

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2006, 05:57 AM »
The college football polls don't make any sense! Florida State nearly loses to Troy University and they hold at number 9 while Michigan blows out Central by 24 points and they slip a spot. What's up with that? FSU will only at best play 2 ranked teams this year in Florida and Miami, Michigan will play at least 5. FSU is almost as overrated as Texas!  I changed my mind about Ohio State.  I hope every Big Ten team blow out all non-conference opponets, but osu will still lose to the U of M ;D ;D ;D. The ACC and Big 12 are highly overrated. I think Texas and FSU proved that this weekend. Next week should be an awesome week as Michigan plays Notre Dame in what should be a offensive shootout and close but Michigan should pull it out this year!

And I don't understand how PSU turned in that clunker against ND and is still #25 in the AP poll?  ???

And that's coming from a die hard alum.

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: Sep 16, 2006, 06:26 PM »
I'm in some serious mourning right now.  :'( :-[ :(

i dont really undersatnd that post?

both teams suck, why would i be in mourning ???

archbishop

« Reply #19 on: Sep 16, 2006, 06:27 PM »

lets see what they do with the maze and blue this week? gotta be no. 2 at least :tipup:

scansy

« Reply #20 on: Sep 16, 2006, 09:32 PM »
I really hope that somebody beats MI and soon.  Otherwise, I think this board will become unbearable :tipup:

;)

archbishop

« Reply #21 on: Sep 17, 2006, 07:49 AM »
I really hope that somebody beats MI and soon.  Otherwise, I think this board will become unbearable :tipup:

;)

lol, i thought you were saying i was in serious mourning right now :laugh: thats why i posted that other post :-\ sorry about that, but honestly, penn state is a young team, they arent going to be as good this year, but watch out next year or the year after when they start gelling :tipup:

scansy

« Reply #22 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:18 AM »
Hey, I was in mourning after the loss to ND.  But hey, we now have a big win against the Penguins of Youngstown State :tipup: :-\

For the record, I'm PSU class of '92.  But I don't have a place for another logo in my avatar.

PSU is very young this year.  Next year could be interesting if Morelli can learn a few things this year at QB and the young O-line gets better.  They could have a potent offense next year.  Or not.  :-\

archbishop

« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:41 AM »
Hey, I was in mourning after the loss to ND.  But hey, we now have a big win against the Penguins of Youngstown State :tipup: :-\

For the record, I'm PSU class of '92.  But I don't have a place for another logo in my avatar.

PSU is very young this year.  Next year could be interesting if Morelli can learn a few things this year at QB and the young O-line gets better.  They could have a potent offense next year.  Or not.  :-\

yeah i see what you were talking abount now, i thought you were saying i was in mourning :cookoo: im not the sharpest pencil in the stack :laugh:

i agree, i think PS is going to be better next year and probably the class in 2 years, only because michigan is still young as well, unless some of them go pro after this year :-\

scansy

« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Only one problem - Morelli is a junior and will be done after next year.  Two years from now - they will be breaking in another QB.

That whole graduation thing makes college interesting.

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Only one problem - Morelli is a junior and will be done after next year.  Two years from now - they will be breaking in another QB.

That whole graduation thing makes college interesting.

nah, im sure joe-pa has either got a good one last year or will this year, itll give him a year or two to learn the system, plus with the recievers still being there, it wont be too bad :tipup:

scansy

« Reply #26 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Yeah, they have a kid named Devlin who's from my town here in SE Pennsyltucky - Downingtown.  He was recruited by everyone.  He had given a verbal to Miami, but they had changes in the coaching staff so he backed out of the verbal and went to PSU.  He's a true freshman this year and I'm sure they will redshirt a year.  He's supposed to be the real deal.  Of course, he's a 19 year old kid.  A lot of real deal 19 year olds don't make it.

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:06 PM »
alot of real deal 18 and 19 year olds dont get the chance to make it, especially at penn state :tipup: joe-pa is starting to come around, but he needs to realize that if you have a very, very talented freshman, he needs to start over the decent/ok junior or senior, look at henne and hart in michigan ??? alot of schools use the youngsters with alot of success, look at the difference in penn state in the last two years, one year no freshman, last year, what 4 or 5 starters ??? i say if your blowing someone out or getting blown out put him in and see what he is made of under fire, plus, its mostly running in the big 10, what have you got to loose ??? 2 loses in the big 10 is a death sentance, your not going to a BCS bowl, give the kid a shot here or there :tipup: would you rather play the junior'seniors and be ok, or play the freshman and do ok, maybe even win and show future recruits they can start as freshman if they have the stuff ??? thats why people dont go to penn state, when they can go to a top 20 team year after year and start as freshman, penn state is sometimes top 20 and never strts freshman ???

scansy

« Reply #28 on: Sep 19, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Agreed on the freshman thing.  Joe's thinking on that was OK when it was the 70's and 80's - there was a lot of thinking like that.  Now though, it doesn't work that way.  He does seem to be coming around though.  Either that, or he's to old and senile to remember his old ways.

archbishop

« Reply #29 on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Agreed on the freshman thing.  Joe's thinking on that was OK when it was the 70's and 80's - there was a lot of thinking like that.  Now though, it doesn't work that way.  He does seem to be coming around though.  Either that, or he's to old and senile to remember his old ways.

no i think the seasons he has been having, lack of recruiting, then two years ago after all the talk of getting joe a gold watch and sending him on his way finally woke him up :tipup: joe-pa is a true college icon, but when students and alumni start pressuring you, and you cant get a top 50 high school kid to commit to you, its time to change :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.