FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bait Question  (Read 4366 times)

StriperMaineac

Bait Question
« on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Any of you guy know about digging your own sand and or blood worms. I have spent many dollars over the years buying them at bait shops and would like to try getting them myself. Any info would be great!!!  thanks ???

Dogman

Re: Bait Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:55 PM »
You need a license for that ,or at least you used to.Don't know much else other than when I was a teenager,(back around the ice age)digging worms was harder than digging softshells and that was a back breaker.

StriperMaineac

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2004, 07:36 PM »
From what I understood..you do not need a license for personal use.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:00 PM »
no you do not need a liscence for personal use...i hit the marshes and sandbars around biddeford pool frequently . just dig near the muck and grass i turn over a pitchfork full of sand and carefully break it apart...look for pinholes in the sand.i usually get 5-6 dozen every three weeks or so and i keep them in my bait fridge in a box of seaweed

Scotty 

StriperMaineac

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:04 PM »
Thanks build..I was just looking it up on the maine.gov website and found out you do not need one for personal use! Maybe we can hook up sometime and you can show me how its done?

§6752.   Exception for personal use 

Any person may take or possess not more than 125 marine worms in any one day for personal use without a marine worm digger's license or a marine worm dealer's license.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2004, 05:04 AM »
anytime ill be starting in about a month and would be happy to show you
its just like diggin worms anywhere else...
Scotty 

Dogman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:29 AM »
Learn something new,personal use.My experience is about 25 yrs old so no surprise I don't have the right info.Maybe I should get out more often ;)

TroutKing

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2004, 09:15 PM »
Hey billditrite,

I would also be interested in having you show me how to dig, keep, and use bloodworms sometime this year.  I am pretty new to the saltwater, but I started last year and I am hooked.  Maybe we could get together sometime this summer and you could show me.  I'd appreciate it.

TroutKing

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2004, 03:38 AM »
id be happy to ;)
Scotty 

TroutKing

« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2004, 07:23 AM »
Hey Billditrite,

It's me, TroutKing again.  I was wondering if you have started digging bloodworms yet?  My teaching year is almost done, and the kids will be gone on Mon.  I was hoping maybe I could trade you some knowledge about worming and saltwater fishing in general for some fly-fishing flies or a discount on a custom built fishing rod...or maybe just a cup of coffee.  I am getting ready for an exciting summer of fishing on the salt, so let me know if I can pursuade you to teach me a little about bloodwormin.  Thanks,

TroutKing

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2004, 01:30 PM »
hey TK, no prob anytime you want to get together,the stripers are getting more and more active everyday!!a worm set up for bottom fishing is real easy!!!ill show ya in 1 minute,there are a lot of realy good artificial baits that when presented properly and tipped with a hairylegged,juicy fat sandworm,will produce fish after fish!!you can go through dozens of worms in a night just tipping lures and jigs  :D anyway i havent even tried digging yet this year as i have been very busy with my new boat!!just let me know when you wanna have that coffee and we can set something up!i do not fly fish but i am very interested in trying it...hmmm we are gonna have to talk ;)
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.