FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ICE REEL  (Read 6617 times)

Buck762

• When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Fish There Too!
ICE REEL
« on: Apr 14, 2008, 05:35 PM »
I have a 5' Berkly lightning rod and was wondering if I can use my ice reel on it?  My buddy uses his ice reel, but his reel is a bit bigger then mine. I was given an open water gill reel, but it is in bad condition and dont wanna use it unless i must. 

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
Re: ICE REEL
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2008, 05:51 PM »
I use a few of my reels for both the ice season and the summer. Especially on my ultralite rods.

bucky75

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:07 PM »
I did the sam thing.  I bought a couple of okuma reels and to justify them to the other half I told her that they would be used for ice and open water.  They do work great for both.  Just keep them clean.

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Why not?  All of my ultra-lite reels pull double duty.  Just strip the line and replace between seasons.  I can't justify to myself buying 2 reels and having one of them sitting around not pulling its weight for 6 months out of the year.

kc17

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Why not?  All of my ultra-lite reels pull double duty.  Just strip the line and replace between seasons.  I can't justify to myself buying 2 reels and having one of them sitting around not pulling its weight for 6 months out of the year.

kc17

i find that i need a fly type reel on my reel to try and stop some of the jig spin[i think gills donot like line spin]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

fontona19

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I have a few different reels that do double duty, but they are made for open water fishing. In between seasons they all get a good cleaning, and when going into the hard water season I switch to Frabill Zero lubricant. They seem to work just fine for all seasons.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.