FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 1st time trip to the Cabonga  (Read 6341 times)

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
1st time trip to the Cabonga
« on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Hey guys, just looking for some helpful 1st time advice for fishing the Cabonga. Im goin up the week of June 21. I regularly troll Lake Ontario for salmon and lakers. same techniques here? riggers, leadcore, etc? we're going to be tent camping near lake dennison i beleive. also heard the walleyes and pike are a treat to catch up there too. any advice/tips would be terriffic! thanks, Rebel.
    A Country Boy can Survive!

fisherhahn

Re: 1st time trip to the Cabonga
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Never fished there but we were just a few days away from sending our deposit  for a week long stay.  Started hearing reports that you really have to watch you equipment up there.  It seems that things have a way of going missing.  Have heard rumors and also a first hand story.  Keep an eye on your stuff and don't leave equipment in your boat or any valuables in your camp unattended.  We rebooked elsewhere.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:05 PM »
thanks for posting...do you mean by the local indian tribes? or anyone in general? appreciate any other info. Rebel.

fisherhahn

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Sorry don't get on here much but yes, the local indians.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2009, 07:06 AM »
well we sent our money in already...its a large expanse. hopefully good weather and awesome fishing. we're staying right on the cabonga

fisherhahn

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Good luck!  Post or send me a PM on how you do.  I would like to hear a positive first hand report about the place because the fishing looks great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.