FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie Day in WNY...  (Read 1417 times)

perchpirate97

Crappie Day in WNY...
« on: Apr 29, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Got into a school of monsters today, all fish were 10-14.5" Red and white tube jigs were the ticket, waxworms also took a few. Still learning, sorry if the photos are huge.

perchpounderny

Re: Crappie Day in WNY...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2010, 03:30 PM »
cool pics and nice fish

shark

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Nice fish indeed,  the background reminds me of the 70's.  ............Flashbacks ;D

perchpounderny

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2010, 05:03 PM »
pretty trippy :w00t:

perchpirate97

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2010, 12:07 AM »
Thanks! This is a small lake that I thought had a small population of crappies. I caught 2 or 3 ice fishing before, thought they were more of a rare and accidental catch, but never really thought it held fish like this! I kept the 14.5" for the wall, and all others went back. I caught 20, and a girl friend of mine that recently got involved in fishing and came with me caught 5 or 6, all keepers. It hurt throwing those slabs back, but I hope I did my part in ensuring the lake continues to produce beautiful fish like these, especially with it being close to spawning time! Caught a handful of 9"-11" craps 2 weeks ago to keep my belly happy  ;D

UPSTATE

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2010, 12:43 PM »
 Nice slabs man ...WTG  :thumbup_smilie:.. I also like the pirate protection on your pic's ya gotta keep those slab spot's hush hush  :clapping:
just tryin to get her done

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.