FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BBTS Limerick Lake..Second Place & Big Fish  (Read 1283 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
BBTS Limerick Lake..Second Place & Big Fish
« on: Aug 10, 2009, 07:36 PM »
I got the chance to fish in a tournament on Limerick Lake this past weekend as part of the BBTS. ChowderHead and his father where in the tourny and a friend of theirs lost his partner last minute. None of us had fished the lake previous so we headed up a day early yo do a little pre-fishing..

The fishing was slow and the only time i brough out the camera was to shoot this cool pic of Chowderhead fishing in the morning mist

On tournament day things also got off to a slow start, some fog delayed the start time and quickly got us lost when trying to find our first spot

Once the fog lifted my partner and I found a honey hole and spent the good chunk of the day on fish.  We knew were in good when I landed this 5.09lb laremouth just minutes after hitting the spot

not only did this spot grow some big laremouths, but also some huge rockbass..this guys was 1.4lbs...yep I put him on the scale, I was blown away by his size

At the end of the day we managed a 15lb bag that was good enuff to secure second place. I also managed big fish of the day. so we where happy to take home a double paycheck. Great tournament atmosphere and some pretty solid anglers. First place team won it with 16.20lbs...so close

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.