FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 661058 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #135 on: Apr 28, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Hey I saw jerry play that song in 1995 at the second show in St. Louis , boy was I really, "having fun"  8) that day. My traveling buddy had tix for the first show, I had tix for the second show. We took turns watching our parking spot and hitched to the show, we had a great spot at the campground right on the main street there. So I proceed to start walking to the line of cars leaving the campground and this big OLD Buick starts coming up the line with NY plates on it. I says to the kids in the car they gotta give me a ride to the show, they said whys that, and I says because i'm from NY. I jump in, find out they are from Sylvan beach, 15 miles down the road, we see those kids at the beach every year, and I can pick them out of a crowd ever since. Good times, really good times. I started 1995 in Highgate VT in a tent with 100 dollars and went all the way to Chicago, sold trinkets and shirts at the shows and stayed in the Omni in Chicago for 4 days. We stuck around 2 days after the "LAST" show till the following Tuesday. The last band to ever play on Jerry's stage was Pearl Jam, that was a culture shock in itself. I never did like them very much, but after seeing them live, they are a really good band too.

Answer to the question, it was an easy one, Eyes to the world,and Scarlet begonias.

New one, heres the lyrics.......  accompanied by a monkey that would sit on a stool, watching everything the engineer would move.

Great story CNY....

My first 2 shows, were the first 2 of the 4 they played, 1988 Alpine Valley, Wis..
And I was also at that Highgate show..

Its " Eyes of the world"

Big locomotive right on time.
 Big locomotive coming down the line.
 Big locomotive number 99.
 Left the engineer with a worried mind.... ;D ;D ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: Apr 28, 2010, 07:51 PM »
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #137 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Oh man. I forgot about these guys. I swear I'm done after this one.
Classical fans AND metalheads, check this out. I had goose bumps the first time I heard it.
Wait til you see some of the other songs they do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0
Wow, they do a Pantera cover too! I just found this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r_rHhZHEVA

roadkill128

« Reply #138 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Slayer,

heard about apoclyptica years ago....4 cellos covering metallica.  the awesomeness is unbelievable.  Check out Black Aria by Glen Danzig.  some potent stuff there.  Ra7nger, cheating at solitaire is a great album.  the follow up was just as good.  I listen to alot of punk, metal, hardcore, and psychobilly too.  Love the dropkick murphys, flogging molly and the real mckenzies.  Irish and proud.  hahaha
Opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of my employers.  Thank you, have a happy day and please drive through.

eddierod

« Reply #139 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:24 PM »
PUNK ROCK - oldschool - The clash, the ramones - perfect for the ride up to your fave fishing spot. I played in alternative bands for years - took those punks fishing and they always loved it.
  Now your talking.......Dont foget the Sex Pistols !!!

roadkill128

« Reply #140 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Can never forget Johnny and the boys.  Do you get the fealing you've been cheated?
Opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of my employers.  Thank you, have a happy day and please drive through.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #141 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Wow man! I am shocked at the amount of punk fans around here.

roadkill128

« Reply #142 on: Apr 28, 2010, 08:52 PM »
its good fast aggressive loud music....yar!!!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #143 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:04 PM »
I found it guys.  ;D
The moment you've all been waiting for.
It is with great pleasure, I bring to you...a special request by King Perch. He sent me a pm to find it for him, but didn't want me to tell.
Sorry KP  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZusIOLDRs8

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #144 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:08 PM »
  That apoclyptica was pretty awesome man, forgot to put metalica on my list.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bmxrider11976

« Reply #145 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:09 PM »
I found it guys.  ;D
It is with great pleasure, I bring to you...a special request by King Perch. He sent me a pm to find it for him, but didn't want me to tell.
Sorry KP  ;D

i think its time to retire this thread  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #146 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I found it guys.  ;D
Sorry KP  ;D

Funny you should put that up, that's what was on his radio when he stopped over today. :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bmxrider11976

« Reply #147 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:14 PM »
anybody fans of ska music? like the good old punk music with some trombone, trumpet and the occasional sax. it might sound silly but it gets ya pumped! check out the bands big d and the kids table, and also streetlight manifesto. specifically check out point/ counterpoint by streetlight manifesto!
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #148 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Let's not forget  ------>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYJXNLxSsA

saturnism

« Reply #149 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:27 PM »
dropkick murphys, Primus, sublime, beatles and last but not least (please don't mock me too much) the carter family a little old school, okay very old school what can I say
The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.
-George Carlin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.