FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 660449 times)

JC4me

Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #210 on: Apr 30, 2010, 01:55 PM »
At the Haunt in Ithaca did you ever see the Rods?,Cortland Band ..Tour Europe Dave Fienstein played with Ronnie James Dio from Cortland back in the day of ELF....DD   ;D ;D ;D
I also saw Iron Maiden but in Syracuse with Judas Priest 1980?? it must have been good can't remember much in the 80's
Saw The Rods at The Skyway years ago. Great band. Feinstein came out with a cd a few years back. Simply went under the band name Feinstein. It was good stuff,check it out.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #211 on: Apr 30, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Did anyone mention Tool and A Perfect Circle? That Maynard guy has a way of putting ya into a trance! 8)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #212 on: Apr 30, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Yep. Tool is on the list. Maynard James Keenan is a god!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #213 on: Apr 30, 2010, 07:25 PM »
The Sober video is somewhere back there in one of my posts.

filetandrelease

« Reply #214 on: Apr 30, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Tunes in my truck for fishing, Zep, Sabbath,AC/DC,Purple,Skynard,Cult, and some of my Canadian bands Guess Who, The Hip, Aprilwine,BTO,Rush
zepplin ,blonde,ZZtop,MC5,mountain ,james gang ,hot tuna , jay geils band,carrs ,steppen wolf ,basement jack ,rob zombie ,southern comfort , creadence,

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2010, 07:18 AM »
has anyone checke3d out maynards new stuff pusifer. its awsome. and yes MAYNARD IS GOD. 

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2010, 07:23 AM »
Man. Shows how much I know. The older I get, the more of these things I miss out on. Ill have to hunt it down. I liked A Perfect Circle. I'm sure this project will be just as good.

shackhead

« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2010, 11:12 AM »
not from  n.y. or the u.s. for that matter but have been enjoying this thread during our offseason..

gotta love the social distortion, whoever mentioned that.  even better is the leadsinger's (mike ness) solo album "cheating at solitaire".  check it out!

anyone listen to any music from north of the border?  nickleback not included  :laugh: maybe neil young or 54-40?  the tragically hip?  heard rush mentioned and can't go wrong with geddy lee.

i'm not much of a metalhead but really dig meshuggah and opeth, kyuss is also some hard-rockin stuff to check out.

figured a bunch of outdoorsmen would have mentioned the drive by truckers or fred j. eaglesmith!  classic drinkin' beer around the fire in the bush music!

and i have to confess to liking the odd rapper/hip hopper.  the one i listen to most,  buck 65, rocks a banjo in most songs though...

and best live experience would be a toss up between DO MAKE SAY THINK at amigo's cantina in saskatoon, saskatchewan and RADIOHEAD at UBC in vancouver, either time.  first show was about 100 ppl crammed in a dank dirty bar and the second was 26000 at an open air amphetheatre....hard to compare and yet equally enjoyable! 

again, awesome thread guys i'm betting it makes 30 pages  :D

you also forgot some essentials like the headstones, the trews, sam roberts, big sugar, chillawack, to name a few.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2010, 11:23 AM »
has anyone checke3d out maynards new stuff pusifer. its awsome. and yes MAYNARD IS GOD. 

New to me also....Thanks for the info.

KingPerch

« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2010, 12:23 PM »
yes you did oh yaaaaaa yes you did. maybe nobody noticed 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I think here is that edierod posted the SEX Pistols on here and then screwed up something else and then he deleted it HT!!! Fill me in bud!!!! ;D 8)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

skidplate

« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Shackhead, thank you so much.  I heard Big Sugar in a set store in Buffalo a few months back, asked the guy who it was and forgot the name.  That post kickstarted my brain, thank you so much.  That kind of bluesy slow jammin rock...love it.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

skidplate

« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Pet store...and oh yeah Fugazi is a great one to check out if you've never heard them.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

ran7ger

« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2010, 12:55 PM »
you also forgot some essentials like the headstones, the trews, sam roberts, big sugar, chillawack, to name a few.

nice!  just listened to a bunch of headstones the other day.  big sugar and chilliwack are actually two of the few bands that have frequented my hometown - prince albert, saskatchewan.

blue rodeo would be another good one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqZdPoPTG0

and how about stompin' tom connors???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUkE-nUSlc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNfmuplN_0

this is buck 65, one of the few hip hoppers i enjoy...canadian as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JshNOVHWfuc

and last but certainly not least, fred j. eaglesmith...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6cXGUGFGxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjfG-nVrW0&feature=fvw

got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

fishlakegeorge

deweyfishopenwater

« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I saw 38 spical & journey in binghamton maybe 1980 or 79 & dont forget VH. 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.