FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Fish  (Read 2317 times)

friendly fishing

• Keep the fish on the hook
Big Fish
« on: Jun 27, 2004, 10:57 PM »
well had an awsome weekend on last mountain lake pulled in 3 walleye and a few jack one walleye was 31 inches and weighed a good 12 to 13 lbs didnt get any pic but i did of the 8lber cause he was the fisrt of the  year  this is the first time I have ever caught walleye on Last Mountain I've always complained there is never any walleye there but I wont be saying that again.  one thing that stuck me kind of odd was the fact the walleye havent seem to be done spawning on Last Mountain because most of the eyes are on the north end in spawning teritorry but I could be wrong all I know is I had a blast. hope everyone else is doing the same latter
River Fishing Rules

buzzbomb

Re: Big Fish
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2004, 10:51 AM »
Good for you, Friendly!  A big eye like that probably makes the trip seem worthwhile on it's own.  They should of been done spawning 3 weeks ago....I know at Pelican Pte it's unusual to see them still going after the first week in June.   I think any piece of lakefront property with gravel on the bottom will suffice for a spawning bed though  ;) not just the north end.

grumpymoe

Re: Big Fish
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2004, 04:10 PM »
awesome walleye friendly fishing!!! :o :o  too bad no pic....as far as late spawning fish....i think the tendency would be towards the north shores on some lakes due to longer exposure to direct sunlight and warming shallows that draw baitfish and predators....its not the only spots to find them...but certainly prime...now next time...lets see a trophy pic.....grump 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.