FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pa boat registration  (Read 1995 times)

archer71xx

Pa boat registration
« on: Mar 07, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Hi all, I am very mad right now so please bear with me. I bought a 14 foot boat that was in poor condition from a guy for 250.00 and put alot of money into it to get it back to great condition. I payed to have it and the trailer (got it for 100 and am happy with it) registered and the boat commission sent a letter that they won't register the boat because it was from North Carolina and they need an old registration card for the boat. After many months of trying the North Carolina DNR (They were great) sent the boat commission a card for the boat and told them that they did not even require a title when the boat was there.
          So the Pa Boat Commission A**HOLES decide they still won't register the boat until they have a paper trail of all the previous owners (which we have found out is next to impossible for a boat originally bought in 1987). Btw I am the one who has to try and find all of this info.  My question is this...I am trying to register it-not title it, does anybody have any ideas or been through this B.S? ( I have lived here a long time and am really starting to hate this state). Thank you for any help.
Mamma Always Said Fishing Is Like Going To Thailand - You Never Know What You're Gonna Catch

ole sam

Re: Pa boat registration
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2011, 11:30 AM »
I would take all the paperwork to my local state representative's office and ask them to handle it for you.  They generally will help you out and the state bureaucrats are a lot more responsive to them then they are to you.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.