FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shore fishin for perch  (Read 16332 times)

perchpirate97

Re: shore fishin for perch
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2009, 01:44 PM »
bigger minnows = bigger perch  ;)

fishfins

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Thill slip bobbers have a VERY small diameter hole through them. If you choose  to use one of the "bobber stops" that you can buy you have to install that on your fishing line first. Then put your fishing line through the bobber from top to bottom. You slide the string type bobber stopper up or down the lne to adjust depth. The little red plastic ones that you thread on also slide up and down the line, but have to be loosened up first. I never messed with those kinds of bobber stoppers. I just use a small piece of rubber band....the smaller the better. Tie it tightly to your line at the desired depth and snip off the tail ends so it goes easily through your line guides.. You can slide the rubber band on your line to change depth. Good luck.
OH... and if you use minnows, I suggest hooking them through the lips/head because perch almost always take minnows head first.

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 03:07 PM »
Now for me with that rig fishfins have is good just instead of hooking the minnow in the lips I get a treble and put one of the hooks in the back with the other two hooks pointing towards the tail. So when the perch takes the fish head first it wont hit the hook or anything and it will get most of the minnow down then close its mouth around the treble. I usually hook up more this why then the lips but its just me.  but all fish normally eat minnows and baitfish head first it goes down easier so you can do this for any fish.

maggot

• lil maggot on the shanty, OneShotWonder on MHF
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 05:41 PM »
I will give you one hint use minnows.
Don't forget to search for slabs!

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 03:29 AM »
got a real nice limit in april fishing port bay. the buckeyes were all over the surface it looked like it was raining. what bait did i use you ask? pieces of worms on a dropshot rig dragging the bottom. i cleaned them and had no ziplocks so i used not 1 but 2 bread bags almost full and repacked them later. it was 1 of my better catches and 1 of a few limits ::).

Perchmister

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Well i live in Manitoba near the Red River on Netley Creek i fish on the shore a lot on like a dock or something in only 2-3 feet of water, i just put on a minnow and a pickrel rig and i catch at least maybe 25 a day normally. hope this helps a bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.