25 (7.1%)
Science/Research
12 (3.4%)
Electrician
4 (1.1%)
Other
76 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Author Topic: What is your profession??  (Read 37406 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: What is your profession??
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2004, 08:18 AM »
I'm a genius . ;D

Me too!  ;D

I have spent the last 10 years of my life helping people manage the risks they face.  If you need to get insurance for your car, boat, house, life, snowmobile, atv, or just about anything else like a retirement plan or college savings plan, I'm the guy.  My nickname is the "insurance doctor".  If you crash your car or your house burns down you'll call me and I'll kindly tell you, you're SCREWED.   ;D  Just kidding, as long as paid your last insurance bill on time you'll be fine.  Just please don't call before 9am or after 5:30pm.  ;D 

SB, I worked in the insurance business for a year while between jobs and there is good money in it but it is not easy.  Listening to everyones problems and disasters can make for a glum day.  Keep you chin up and make sure to get some R&R after work combined with some walleye therapy.  ;D

I work for "BLANK" Food Safety so can you guess what I do? ;D  Basically we test for pathogens in food and food related items, general micro for production facilities, drug testing, chemistry etc.  Ensuring alot of what you eat and drink is safe. ;D 
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2004, 07:11 PM »
I'm a senior at my high school, about to begin my final year. Next year I will be attending either the State University of New York (SUNY) at Cobleskill or Paul Smith's College, where I will be majoring in Fisheries and Wildlife Technologies, where I will become a fisheries biologist. I am doing an exciting program this year called New Visions, which I will elaborate on in the off topic forum.

-Zach

raleigh

« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2004, 03:23 PM »
I am a boatmen in traing. Right now I am just taking special need children and adults down no more than class 2 rapids here in Colorado. I just got off the grand canyon but I was just a helper not a boatman.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2004, 08:32 PM »
I am a boatmen in traing. Right now I am just taking special need children and adults down no more than class 2 rapids here in Colorado. I just got off the grand canyon but I was just a helper not a boatman.

probably be taking people down the gunnison gorge!

The Rocket

« Reply #19 on: Sep 05, 2004, 11:19 PM »
Let's see. I'm a Lure Maker, Professional Skeptic, Author, Hockey Player, Angler, Marriage Counselor, Director Of Hockey Operations At The Keg (Backyard Hockey Rink) Professional Snow Fall Remover, Lawn Mowing And Management, Photographer and about everything else ;) ;D ;D

Rocket>
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2004, 11:29 PM »
I'm an imaging technician, yea what the h#ll is that? I work with page files from varies magazines and catalogs, and process them to a final digital file that we use to make plates for our printing presses. My company is the 3rd largest printing outfit in the world, soon to be the #1. Or technology is blowing our competetors away and there loosing more and more contracts to us every year. So here I am, setting in front of this computer for 12hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week, currently on nights 7p-7a.  :blink: Fun, fun.  :wacko:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

devil-man

« Reply #21 on: Sep 24, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Landscape construction  8)
Hard work, but it looks good!

BJ

« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2004, 05:33 PM »
The shipping/receiving manager for a large jewelry store that has 7 locations in MA. and N.H.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2004, 10:39 PM »
After almost thirty years on the road I am a recovering musician. Now on my second career I have pursued one of my other interests and become a graphic artist. I have specialized in digital photographic post production. The beauty point of both of these situations is that I get to fish a lot.
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Chucker

« Reply #24 on: Sep 30, 2004, 05:37 AM »
I'm a senior at my high school, about to begin my final year. Next year I will be attending either the State University of New York (SUNY) at Cobleskill or Paul Smith's College, where I will be majoring in Fisheries and Wildlife Technologies, where I will become a fisheries biologist. I am doing an exciting program this year called New Visions, which I will elaborate on in the off topic forum.

-Zach

Be very careful attending those two schools - there are distractions.  I'm an EET '90 from PSC.  Alaskan Dreams is my cuz, and is at Cobleskill right now for fisheries/aquaculture.  Somehow I walked out of PSC with a 3.06, which is amazing considering how much time I spent fishing - and that was before I discovered the joys of hardwater. 

Of course, I am currently doing absolutely nothing relating to my degree.  After SUNY Brockport, I was a quality control line tech for a food packer that makes tomato sauces and salsas.  After 3 years on third shift, I switched to a nice salaried M-F job working as a quality analyst for a medical device manufacturer.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #25 on: Sep 30, 2004, 06:16 AM »
I am retired now but for 40+ years I owned and ran my beauty salon and suntanning studio in uptown Minneapolis. I remember meeting Chip Leer and his lovely wife when they came in to use my tanning beds at The Neon Beach. Very nice people.
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #26 on: Sep 30, 2004, 08:09 AM »
I am an Outdoor writer for a local news paper here in Knoxville Tennessee. It is the Knoxville Journal. I also deal in exotic cars. If anybody is interested you can go to WWW.Marksautos.com. Then click on Fishing. You will find many articles that I have done in the last year. Fish2win.
Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

FishHawk

« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2004, 12:14 AM »
I like to think I live to fish.  For a job i am  a Paramedic. and anyone in the business will tell you being a paramedic is no living.
Fishing, what else is there to say?

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2004, 08:43 AM »
I have two careers, For the last 30 years I have sold and dealt German automobiles. For the last 12 years I have been the staff outdoor writer for a local news paper. I write a weekly column and local fishing report. I hope to become semi retired soon., Then I will just write for the paper. Fish2win
Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

mjc2799

« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2005, 02:41 PM »
not sure where to place myself being disabled

mike
mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.