FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishfinder to buy  (Read 2908 times)

lwfinj

Fishfinder to buy
« on: Sep 20, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Dear community
May my question will sound a little strange but ...
I am realy new at fishfinder but I fish for good 25 years. Most of my fishing I an doing from the shore and some time I rent boat where it is available. When I ice is one the lake I go there as much as I can.

For upcomming ice fishing season I looking to buy a fishfinder. I don't have much idea about exact model and etc.  I was looking at Humminbird PiranhaMax20

What I am worrying about if this device which can be use in finder from the ice and in summer from the boat, but same time it will be portable and will not deep much maintanace.
If you don't think so , may be there will be  some other model in $150 range whch can me my needs  and you know them , please share this info with me.

Any advices or ideas will be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance

kerosenecounty17

Re: Fishfinder to buy
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2004, 09:50 PM »
If I had to make a choice given your situation and price range, I'd go with a Bottom Line Fish'n Buddy 1200.  It's a bit ($10) out of your price range, but it will work for you.  You're not going to find any locator that does a good job both summer and winter, but this one will do a good job summer and a respectable job winter.  I don't like that you have to buy batteries instead of a rechargeable, but you have to make some compromises.  I've had two of them myself.  My first died within 8 months, but I was pleasantly suprised to receive a new one, no questions asked.  Not only did they give me a brand new one, they gave me the next years model.  I still use it.  The side scan technology, in my experience, is a bit unreliable but has put me on fish through the ice on a few occasions in the past.  The bottom scan is as good as any locator in it's price range, and it only weighs 5 pounds give or take.  It's a nice unit for it's price, and it's very versitile.

kero

kerosenecounty17

Re: Fishfinder to buy
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2004, 09:53 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.