FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hudson River Striped Bass....  (Read 50958 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Hudson River Striped Bass....
« on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Will this warm weather get the Striped Bass in the river earlier this spring?..  Would really like to try it this year....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

C

Re: Hudson River Striped Bass....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Don't know, but I'm hoping everything everywhere gets going early this year. And in a couple of weeks, Daylight Savings Time starts- more time to fish after work!

sst4life

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I dont see why not. Stripahs are a migratory fish that migrate with water temps. Since we had no winter it shouldnt be long especially if the sun keeps shining
I play with my rod TWO HANDED !!!!!

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2012, 03:08 PM »
You might see some scouts showing up a week early , but odds are the main run will be right on time like every year.  Usually with-in a 7-10 day window. The best part is no ice in the river now, and not going to be a lot of run off from up north ... so the actual river conditions will be more fishable (barring heavy rains) that can ruin it quick.

Raq- Give a shout out when/if you plan on heading out this way, i'll most likey be able to give you current conditions and action ...  i spend endless hours out there chasing the linesiders in April/May  ;D

BB
Bring on the Stripers !!!

fatman

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Great minds think alike.  I was having this very conversation today with a couple friends.  Like Brian says water temp is the key and with not much winter snow runoff conditions should be good this year.  You can also checkout http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/Plenty of good info.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:30 AM »
Thanks Brian will do... As a kid growing up on Long Island Sound and the Housatonic River in Conn. I have caught my share but have never tryed for a Hudson River fish....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:31 AM »
Great site Fatman...   Thank you..

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2012, 03:36 PM »
they have been getting fish in the rockland area all winter, and not just small ones either.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I went through my dads old salt water tackle box today...  It hasn't been opened in over 25 years..  All the rubber eels are pretty dried up..    Theres a bunch of Diamond Jigs, most still in the packages and a bunch of miscellaneous things...  I have a good supply of stainless leaders now...

rugermag

hudson river stripers
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I know it's early, but I am getting itchy. Any fish being taken from shore yet?
If not, where abouts are they. Thanks

rondog

Re: hudson river stripers
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I know it's early, but I am getting itchy. Any fish being taken from shore yet?
If not, where abouts are they. Thanks

The water temp at Albany this morning is 36.9* Not yet !

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2012, 11:39 AM »
The season dosen't open until March 15th ... and we don't usually start seeing them in the Catskill north area until 1st week of April at the earliest.

Bring on the Stripers !!!

aj454

« Reply #12 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Gotta wait wait wait!!!   Stareing at the boat is driving me crazy

rondog

« Reply #13 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:16 PM »
This site is up dated daily for temps on the Hudson :http://www.rung.us/chas/rivtemp.pl       

ship of fools

« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2012, 07:01 AM »
Will this warm weather get the Striped Bass in the river earlier this spring?..  Would really like to try it this year....

This is an age old argument ..... for the most part the stripers follow the herring... and the herring run based on hours of daylight  8)

Dom - open invite on the ship of fools .......   i fish almost every morning.

Issiah and Jonathan are going to come up to fish as well ..........  sometimes two boats works well to cover more water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.