FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Downriver Walleye Federation  (Read 3221 times)

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
Downriver Walleye Federation
« on: Mar 11, 2004, 07:57 AM »
The DWF runs tournaments in the Detroit River and Lake Erie during the open water season. Membership is $20 for a single and $30 for a family. They do a lot for conservation, have kids only tournaments, fish frys, cash prize walleye tournaments, etc. Not a really large club but focused on fishing for Walleye in the river. I've been a member for a long time. Many times I'll be out in the boat and another member will swing by to let you know where the fish are biting. We even have some professional guides that always seen to know where the fish are and are happy to share the info with fellow members. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you an application.
FTD

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
Re: Downriver Walleye Federation
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:32 AM »
First tournament is April 10 (Saturday) launching out of the Wyandotte Boat Ramp. The landing is located at St. John and Biddle St (that's what they call Jefferson st in Wyandotte) The parking lot fills up by 6am so if you want to fish get there plenty early. Expect a lot of competition as there are quite a few pros fishing these contests and this landing is right on top of the spawning grounds. Although most of the fish are released unharmed after the weigh in, Cabela's was there last year and the club donated many of the walleye for the show tanks in the Dundee store. Let me know if you need more information, membership applications or a copy of the rules and entry fees. The Wyandotte ramp operators, Steve and Kathy, will have plenty of quality minnows and nightcrawlers for bait, as well as tips for finding the big fish. (and the coffee is always fresh and hot)
FTD

rambo

Re: Downriver Walleye Federation
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 04:23 PM »
hey fulltime dad , I'm interested in the rules for the downriver federation , I'm invited to a tourney that uses their rules and I would like to see what they are. thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.