FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie help *Not lake specific*  (Read 3759 times)

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Crappie help *Not lake specific*
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2012, 11:35 AM »
this is what i do to get crappies.lets take the hudson river[tons of crappies]go to the back waters by you
fish the north end of the back waters[tide makes a differance]crappies will come up to hit a bait,but most times
will not go down,so start fishing about 1ft under the water,what i use is a brown/orange 1,1/2 in tube,on a bobber
tube is on a 1/16oz jig head,cast out,let set till ripples on water stop then give a small crank with reel to make
bobber move then let it set,time to let it set.???up to you,do this for 20 to 30mins, then move the tube down
to 2ft and do the same,each day is differant,but i have hooked as many as a '100' crappies in one day[most went back]
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

STRIPERMANCL

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:36 PM »
TRY SMALLER HOOKS AND BAIT TRY A NUMBER 10 BAIT HOLDER FOR BAIT  AND TRY WITHOUT THE BOBBER WITH A SMALLER TUBE OR MARIBOU JIG .IF THAT DONT WORK TRY A 2 INC CAST MASTER OR THE SMALEST PHOBE THAT YOU CAN FIND.THATS ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME .AND DONT FORGET THE BETTLESPIN THE SMALLEST ONE GOOD LUCK   

00Fisher00

« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Went out yesterday, I tell ya, finding the occasional northern pike on 4 lb test is surely something else!  :o Drag was screaming a bunch of times, especially when it seen the boat! 5 mins into it I got the tip of its mouth over top of the net, and snap! Broke 'em off. FYI Berkley Nanofil knot strength sucks!! Keep killing time until walleye season shows up i guess... Oh and back to the 20lb 832 for me ;)

jopes

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 02:35 AM »
Last fall I got into them.  I got into the sight fishing for them where I was not pulling a spinner I was letting a paddle bug free fall down the water column.  The second that line stopped and started coiling up on the water surface I lifted the pole up to set the hook. 

It was working rather well because others that were fishing were not doing so good. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.