FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gouin Reservoir  (Read 8841 times)

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
Gouin Reservoir
« on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:05 AM »
I recently found out that they will impose a slot limit on the Gouin reservoir for walleyes starting in 2007. The slot size will be 15 3/4" to 21 5/8" inches, 40 to 55 cm measured at the fork.  They will keep the daily limit the same which is 8/day. No regulations have been added for pike which you are allowed 10/day.
For those unaware of the gouin reservoir, it is a huge reservoir that is about 6 to 7 hours north of Ottawa.
The Gouin reservoir is 1500 sq miles and one of the oldest reservoirs in quebec
Ken A.

Frankie Bags

Re: Gouin Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2007, 08:33 AM »
Thanks for the update.  I'm heading up there for a fly-in trip.  I'm not sure if the lake we are going to is part of the Gouin Res.  I do know that the outfitter we are using has a few outposts on the main res.  I'll have to check the website to make sure.  Thanks again.

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
Re: Gouin Reservoir
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2010, 07:29 AM »
 The gouin is a great fishery the indians up there can net there fish,they take any size.they have been talking about the slot limit for yrs. I can tell you on my own experiance I fish a lake north of the gouin, lac Hubert the past few yrs they imposed there own slot limit on that lac 14"-20" you can keep, the average size of the fish we catch has been increasing every yr, now we only eat and take the fish from 19"20" the rest go back in the lac, we catch many fish in the 24"-26" range and every yr a few walleye at 28"  it is by far the best fishery that I have ever fished. the outfitter is Air Tamarac, it is a well managed lake,I go every yr at the last week in june the prices start at $1000 if you fly in from Clova,this is not a drive to lake, Last yr my friend and I caught 850 walleyes,150 pike in 7 days and did not fish all day, I caught to biggest pike of my life 43" 25lbs what a monster,and returned to the lake she will be bigger this yr :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.