FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: worm harnesses  (Read 4334 times)

wile.e.1

worm harnesses
« on: Apr 22, 2013, 05:58 PM »
how many of you guys run artificial only on your worm harnesses. I tried some gulp worms last year , caught a handful of fish, but never ran all artificial so don't know if it is as good. Sure was a lot cleaner,  Just wondering if there are more folks out there who have made the switch.  Thanks

poorfisherman

Re: worm harnesses
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2013, 03:53 PM »
I've had days where they want live crawlers and others where artificial. Depending on how many in the boat we start off with a mixed bag.  I generally start with live crawlers

appleye

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:33 AM »
I've been playing with the idea for a few years. The best results have been a 3" power bait minnow on a slow death hook. With and without smiley blades. Had a few trips were in caught more and larger fish. Hard not to have live crawlers. I've done OK with full crawlers. I would like the new gulp crawler full size and run them through for a while.

The thing to do is to only have artifices for the day. No live bait. I think you would be surprised! Or one side of the boat vs the other.

devo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:42 AM »
I run mostly plastic worms because with live bait, the white perch steal the nightcrawlers off the harness....... I've even tried senko's on the harness and got a 24" eye on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.