FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Leech trapping  (Read 36602 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Leech trapping
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2009, 08:16 PM »
two year update! :laugh:

I still cant find a pic of that giant ugly leech. ;D

Gerry B

« Reply #16 on: Mar 11, 2010, 01:17 PM »
This is how I do it and stumbled on it by complete accident. I have tried every method previously mentioned and while in a slow moving steam checking on of my bait stations for leeches I came across a piece of tin foil that found its way to the bottom of the stream. The piece of foil was about 8x8. As I walked by I noticed a leech on to to bottom of the foil with half its body hanging out the down stream side of the foil. When I picked up the foil the bottom of it was black with leeches...dozens of them. From that point on that's how I get my leeches, I have used this method in creeks and back water areas with equal success.  Save your time and energy with dead stinky stuff and try this.  ;)

ShawnR

« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2010, 02:05 PM »
two year update! :laugh:

I still cant find a pic of that giant ugly leech. ;D

Similar to this?

Fishing.Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I've heard of the tinfoil method. Do you put anything in it to attract the Leeches?

Doorbreaker

« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2011, 02:38 PM »
You need to use a bigger trap. We had an MVA a week ago with a VERY nice F-350. The driver got spooked by a deer and drove off the road into a shallow swamp/pond. When they pulled that truck out of the muck it had leaches stuck all over it...  Told the driver that he might want to climb in the back of the rescue and check himself over for any that may hitched a ride on him.

Santo180

« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2011, 02:54 PM »
How to leeches compare to nightcrawlers?

iwantone2.4

« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2011, 02:55 PM »
rope attached to nabobs coffee can (or any coffee can) and beef heart placed in coffee can pointed towards shore in a foot of water or around that

I used to do that but its been awhile since ive trapped leeches for bait, we would always mark it with somthing to just so we would know where it was.
Theirs was always lots of leeches attached, And we would always check it the next morning. (This was in a lake)
If luck becomes habbit, it turns into skill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.