FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tent or camper?  (Read 47072 times)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
tent or camper?
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:36 AM »
for many years i was a tent guy and love to cam till just a few years ago my wife suggested we look into buying a camper . bought a little 8' starcraft pop-up and totally love it. it takes me no longer to set up than a tent would. it tows very easy i tow it with my wifes lumina.it is nice to be able to stand up and if its rainy the kids can come in and watch TV....while dads fishing

Scotty 

devil-man

Re: tent or camper?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:08 AM »
That's quite the set-up, Scott. Can the whole family sleep in it?
I have a 4 person tent, but my GF and I are the only ones ever sleeping in it because we bring so much stuff and fill it up.
Tents do bite when it's raining, but that's all part of it.

wormwigglr

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 08:17 AM »
as long as the weather isn't like it is at our last camp out i can stand sleeping in a tent. i like the pop ups with the luxury of home but i like sleeping in my tent in the summer and enjoying the weather. my fiance just got me a got a great little tent off of ebay that was dirt cheap compared to want gander mountain wanted for it. it is a two person bivy tent that weighs 3 lbs. and sets up in about 2-3 minutes. we ordered it and it was at my house in 2 days, great little company. i had to return the one after i burnt that hole in it with the mr. heater.

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 09:46 AM »
i had to return the one after i burnt that hole in it with the mr. heater.

That was funny! They gave you your money back?

wormwigglr

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 10:25 AM »
yeah i bought it on sale and they ended up giving me full price. then i got the two man for 24$ so i made out on the deal

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 08:22 AM »
im a tent guy right now but not by choice i want one of those pop-up campers scott has small easy and light weight to tow with todays gas prices but for now im a tent guy

Fish-trap

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 08:44 AM »
I have a huge 4 room tent that I like alot. So i guess tent guy here.
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 02:45 PM »
I am more of a tent guy for several reasons. First obviously i am 19 and can't afford a camper but i have used them and there is no doubt the are like a 5 star hotel compared to a tent but they are not very portable. A lot of my camping is done at secret fishing holes or high up lakes that i have to hike to so a lightweight tent is my only option. A tent is plenty comfortable for me especially if the fishing or hunting is hot but once again i am only 19, maybe when i am a 50 year old trout bum with a bad back and hip i will want one of those campers :D
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 03:19 PM »
camping is as individual as fishing itself. we all do it a little different and thats why this forum is a great idea
Scotty 

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:48 PM »
if im away from tv and traffic its a good time no matter what i sleep in ;D

devil-man

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I would make a comment, but I've been warned.  ;)

True camping to me will always be a tent. I plan on getting a smaller, one-person type tent this summer for hiking adventures. Something lightweight that won't break my back...

jrelaxin

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 09:05 PM »
started in a tent ...moved to a pop =up, and another pop-up, then to a hard side and now on my second one...a 30ft four winns.  over 20 yrs of camping , been thru and get and the messes but like fishing keep calling me back...i 'd post a pic but like women still tryin to figure them out....lol ..probably never will............start another season sat...its like a family reunion with the blackflies but that campin.
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

wormwigglr

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 11:31 PM »
d-man they have some nice one mans at gander for 20 bucks but i got a two man that is just alittle bigger but has enough room for you and gear. i got it from bargain outfitters online for 25 bucks.

Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 07:16 AM »
I've been camping for about 40 years. Started out in a tent as a boy. One of the  first things the wife and I bought when we hitched was a 9x12 tent from Sears. That thing lasted for years. Moved up to a pop-up, then a tag-along, then a slide-in. I got tired of wrestling with them and now we are back to a small tent and we love it.

I keep the camping gear ready to go, all we have to pack is food and clothing and can be ready in less than an hour. We can put everything in the boat and get away from the crowds. A small tarp and good rain gear are essential for those rainy days.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I was a tent camper through and through until the birth of my twins.  Had to buy a camper - makes things much easier.  Maybe someday I will be able to revert to my former self.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.