FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 342931 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4500 on: Oct 19, 2021, 07:00 AM »
Gonna plant my garlic this afternoon. Its been raining so much I havent had the opportunity. Ate the last big tomato from the garden yesterday. Still getting those sweet little yellow tomatoes. Radishes are coming along in the trough planter.Ill put in some spinach for the winter when theyre done.

Flower boxes still look ok so Im leaving them for now. Lawns are growing like crazy. So is the golf course.

Season is winding down.
You better cut the pizza in four pieces because Im not hungry enough to eat six.

Yogi

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4501 on: Oct 19, 2021, 01:25 PM »
I planted mine a couple 3 weeks ago or so and there sprouting.  Last years crop was bad so I started early. .  Can only hope for the best now..   ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4502 on: Oct 19, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Got 120 heads in the ground. Used some seed I bought at the farm market and more of my own. I really had a great crop this year. The cloves are so big I have to laugh every time I cut one up. Minus the seed I planted I still have around 10 lbs of garlic to see us and our friends through to next year.

Amended the beds with a good bit of compost from last falls leaf gathering. Soil looked rich and loose. Should be perfect. Ill top the beds off with some chicken wire and 6-8 of leaves when I start picking them up.

Mowed both lawns and did some other cleanup. What a perfect fall day to spend outdoors gardening.

Made a big pot of venison stew this morning.

Tomorrow I mow at the course.

Life is good!
You better cut the pizza in four pieces because Im not hungry enough to eat six.

Yogi

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4503 on: Oct 20, 2021, 02:21 PM »
Did some trimming and hand mowing today. Cleaned out a couple flower beds and cut back some hosta and lilies. d**n rabbits did a number on the variegated hostas. Ate them down to the stumps. Rabbit fences next year. Put the lights on the flagpole. Pulled a few of the tomato plants.

And.pressure washed my tractor the poor neglected thing. Friday Ill change over to the high lift blades and put the bagger on it. Time to get ready for leaves.

Still have to cover the garlic beds so the squirrels dont fill them with walnuts. Never seen so many walnuts as this year. Super bumper crop.

Yogi

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4504 on: Oct 20, 2021, 02:39 PM »
I find the deer eat all my variegated ones.  The green and white strip ,and leave the large leaf green and blue  ones alone. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4505 on: Oct 20, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Could be deer. I really need a game camera.

Yogi

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4506 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:00 PM »
Yes you do.  ;)   ;D
 I have one at the end of my driveway where my security system wont reach
 Its hidden in a bird house cover 8)
No back or bottom so nothing tries to build in it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4507 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Great idea. Think I know a guy who could build that.

Yogi

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4508 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:20 PM »
I bet you do  ::)

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4509 on: Oct 20, 2021, 09:35 PM »
Could be deer. I really need a game camera.

Could i recommend the spypoint micro . It sends pictures directly to your phone , no changing sd cards. great quality and is usually on sale at cabelas for around $100 this time of year

Badbrad2186

« Reply #4510 on: Oct 21, 2021, 05:09 AM »
Could i recommend the spypoint micro . It sends pictures directly to your phone , no changing sd cards. great quality and is usually on sale at cabelas for around $100 this time of year

Yes but.you MUST have the plan that cost ? A month in order for those pictures to be sent to your phone

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4511 on: Oct 21, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Today is the day I bring in the potted house plants.  Been spraying Neem Oil on them and hope I got all the bugs off before I bring them in..   ;D

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4512 on: Oct 21, 2021, 10:46 AM »
The article below talks about steps to prepare raised beds for winter. Figured why not share the information although most of you likely already do these things

https://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2021/10/21/preparing-raised-beds-for-winter/

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4513 on: Oct 21, 2021, 03:46 PM »
I do everything but cover them
 But a good read..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4514 on: Oct 21, 2021, 06:43 PM »
I do pretty much lol of that too. But add chicken wire to keep the rodents out. This year Im adding Repellsall granular to the borders borders in hopes of keeping the voles out as well.

Yogi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.