FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513100 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4485 on: Oct 20, 2021, 02:21 PM »
Did some trimming and hand mowing today. Cleaned out a couple flower beds and cut back some hosta and lilies. d**n rabbits did a number on the variegated hostas. Ate them down to the stumps. Rabbit fences next year. Put the lights on the flagpole. Pulled a few of the tomato plants.

And….pressure washed my tractor the poor neglected thing. Friday I’ll change over to the high lift blades and put the bagger on it. Time to get ready for leaves.

Still have to cover the garlic beds so the squirrels don’t fill them with walnuts. Never seen so many walnuts as this year. Super bumper crop.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4486 on: Oct 20, 2021, 02:39 PM »
I find the deer eat all my variegated ones.  The green and white strip ,and leave the large leaf green and blue  ones alone. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4487 on: Oct 20, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Could be deer. I really need a game camera.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4488 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:00 PM »
Yes you do….  ;)   ;D
 I have one at the end of my driveway where my security system won’t reach…
 It’s hidden in a bird house cover… 8)
No back or bottom so nothing tries to build in it…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4489 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Great idea. Think I know a guy who could build that.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4490 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:20 PM »
I bet you do……  ::)

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4491 on: Oct 20, 2021, 09:35 PM »
Could be deer. I really need a game camera.

Could i recommend the spypoint micro . It sends pictures directly to your phone , no changing sd cards. great quality and is usually on sale at cabelas for around $100 this time of year

Badbrad2186

« Reply #4492 on: Oct 21, 2021, 05:09 AM »
Could i recommend the spypoint micro . It sends pictures directly to your phone , no changing sd cards. great quality and is usually on sale at cabelas for around $100 this time of year

Yes but.you MUST have the plan that cost ? A month in order for those pictures to be sent to your phone

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4493 on: Oct 21, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Today is the day I bring in the potted house plants.  Been spraying Neem Oil on them and hope I got all the bugs off before I bring them in..   ;D

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4494 on: Oct 21, 2021, 10:46 AM »
The article below talks about steps to prepare raised beds for winter. Figured why not share the information although most of you likely already do these things

https://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2021/10/21/preparing-raised-beds-for-winter/

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4495 on: Oct 21, 2021, 03:46 PM »
I do everything but cover them…
 But a good read..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4496 on: Oct 21, 2021, 06:43 PM »
I do pretty much lol of that too. But add chicken wire to keep the rodents out. This year I’m adding Repellsall granular to the borders borders in hopes of keeping the voles out as well.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4497 on: Oct 22, 2021, 04:41 AM »
I’ll be bringing the plants in today.

Bought a game camera yesterday. Got it through Walmart. Only one I could find with only 2 lithium 3.7v batteries. Has an idle life of 12 months. The thought of sticking 8 AA batteries in a camera didn’t set well with me. I’ll buy some rechargeable batteries and have a set ready to go. Uses a micro Sd card which I have several of. Didn’t want it sending stuff to my phone. Just more data to pay for.

Couldn’t justify spending a lot on one just to watch some critters in the yard. Got great reviews for function and customer service and it should work just fine for the two small areas I’d use in for.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4498 on: Oct 22, 2021, 04:47 AM »
That’s cool.   You will enjoy using it..
 I have 3 out in the woods I haven’t checked in 3 or 4 weeks…

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4499 on: Oct 22, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Brought in all the house plants today. Can’t believe how much the jades grew this summer. Must be 3” taller and one is going into blossom. Haven’t had one blossom in more than 15 years. The two I have are offspring of one  that was more than 100 years old. I call them “Walter 1 and 2” . The original jade came out of a greenhouse I volunteered to remove for a gentleman. He was in his 90’s and I was in my 20’s. It had been there so long that it was slanted from pressing against the glass for a very long time. I’ve had possession for 51 years and I’m sure they were his for an equal amount.

The original Walter was 4’ tall with a trunk 5” in diameter. He got frostbite while we were away on vacation and our heat went out. I managed to save a couple branches and today they’re 2’ tall.

We love  having them outside but, love them even more indoors during the depths of winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.