FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513899 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4500 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Well I picked the end of my hot peppers yesterday before the frost last night. 
 Be cleaning and freezing them today while I’m watching my chicken in the smoker..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4501 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:33 AM »
Look good Dom! Stuff some of those with anchovies, put them in some olive oil and leave them in the fridge for a couple weeks.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4502 on: Oct 24, 2021, 11:19 AM »
That sounds interesting..   
 Stopped at the big produce stand this morning for there last day sale.  Not much left but did get three heads of cabbage for $2.50.  Sauerkraut making tomorrow…. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4503 on: Oct 24, 2021, 02:09 PM »
My Mom always bought pickled cherry peppers and stuffed them with anchovies for my Dad. Dad taught me to eat many foods like that. I still do.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4504 on: Oct 24, 2021, 07:56 PM »
That sounds interesting..   
 Stopped at the big produce stand this morning for there last day sale.  Not much left but did get three heads of cabbage for $2.50.  Sauerkraut making tomorrow…. ;D
I'm also thinking about making sauerkraut tomorrow . Never made it before , i've watch some Youtube videos and it seems pretty straight forward.  I've had people say it is so much better than store bought.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4505 on: Nov 12, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Did a few hours of gardening this afternoon. Cut back all the hostas and plantains, mulched leaves and covered one of our flower beds, cut back the vining plants, Brown eyed Susan’s and cardinal climbers. Topped the clematis as well. It went crazy this season.

Pretty well buttoned up now. Don’t mind winter, but we look foreword to spring.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4506 on: Nov 12, 2021, 05:25 PM »
Nice bob..   We cleaned out the hostas last weekend since they were frosted already...
 Veggie garden is all set..  Garlic is up a couple inches already..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4507 on: Nov 13, 2021, 05:09 AM »
My Son and his Partner inherited her Mom’s new home and property when she passed a few weeks ago. The home was rebuilt after a devastating fire two years ago that burned the former home to the ground.

This place is amazing. Her Mom was a gardener like no other. The property is filled with gardens and more varieties of plants than one could imagine. I don’t think one could compile a list of all that’s been planted. It’s the product of more than 30 years work. She shared plants with hundreds of people.

Rob has been tending the gardens for her for the past 10-15 years.  She just couldn’t do it all with age and some health issues.

Now they both have the pleasure of keeping up and adding to this beautiful place. It’s been on the Cornell Garden tour many times in the past. I’ll be posting pictures of the place towards spring when it comes alive.

Helped him plant a big pile of bulbs her Mom ordered before she passed. Told my Son and Her that I felt like I was trespassing….in a good way. They need my help maintaining the place and I’ll be honored to do so. It’s a rare privilege to be part of keeping Her Mom’s dream alive and to be able to work in such a beautiful place.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4508 on: Nov 18, 2021, 01:56 PM »
Bob that sounds like my mom’s gardens.  She can’t take care of them anymore and me and Mindy try our best.  Just way to much..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4509 on: Nov 18, 2021, 01:59 PM »
Started raining so I weeded some tomato plants in one of the houses.  To bad it’s not heated for the winter…

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4510 on: Nov 18, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Was just in the kitchen getting things around for dinner. Saw a flash out the picture window. It was a Sharp Shinned hawk diving on the birds at the feeder. It landed in the lilac bush and hung out long enough for my Bride to see it. Not long enough to get a picture though.

At first I thought it was a Cooper’s hawk. Consulted my Audubon guide and identified it positively. Pretty cool to have one land 10’ outside your kitchen window. She was dismayed but I explained that it needed to eat too.

Not sure that helped. She loves our flocks.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4511 on: Nov 23, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Lots and lots of kissing balls and wreaths getting made.
 Tomorrow I will get a picture of the trees….

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4512 on: Nov 23, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Kissing Balls?…..

I’m not going to ask.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4513 on: Nov 23, 2021, 02:50 PM »
That’s what there called..
 Maybe it’s the new age mistletoe…. ::) ::) 8) 8) ;D ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #4514 on: Nov 24, 2021, 05:11 AM »

http:// Christmas Kissing Balls Came Way Before Mistletoe—and They're Making a Comeback

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.