FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Which underwater camera is best???  (Read 5140 times)

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
Which underwater camera is best???
« on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:01 PM »
I am considering getting a underwater camera to use in flounder fishing this summer.I was looking for input from those of you that have them.Like clarity,length of cable, the avalibility to view down as well as from side to side.Any input would be great.
Bubba

Robb

• Upstate NY
Re: Which underwater camera is best???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2004, 09:02 AM »
I first bought a "SEAVIEW" camera but the monitor (cheap) broke on the second use. I sent it back and bought a "Atlantis Sport" it's a little more expensive but has more features. Hope this helps.

Robb ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2004, 09:59 AM »
I also have an aqua-view but i have had many problems with the monitors. They are however a lot of fun. The light does not scare the fish ;D ;D ;D I have had pike attack the camera. If you are wanting to use it for summer fishing you may be dissapointed. It is very hard to see the monitor. Ever try watching TV outside?  I like using mine in an ice shelter. 8) 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 07:50 AM »
My A-V came with a sun shield to make viewing easier.  ;)
Those who are brave are free ..       

Esox

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Marcum all the way. Nice neat package, good quality. All the people I know with Aqua-Vu's have had problems. Mostly with connections.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 07:36 AM »
Marcums are nice but it appears all the new models won't have the option of down viewing. The camera will be disc shaped with the motor built in. If you don't plan on down viewing I agree the Marcums are very nice units.  :) 
Those who are brave are free ..       

Esox

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 10:26 AM »
I don't ever use that option. I guess it would give you a better 360 deg veiw, but I like seeing the fish take the bait from the side. Maybe I need 2 cameras? ;) Which do you like better? You might be able to attach the cable to the botom of the stabilizer fin and get a vertical view, but I'm not sure. I'll post something when I sell my VS500 and get the VS560.

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:19 PM »
Slipbob -

In downview (camera and line in the same hole), do you ever get nasty tangled up messes?  I always thought that would be a problem.  Dave Genz says it aint, but he's corporate, so his opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to me anymore.  I do a bunch of site fishing (on ice) where I can, and have actually found myself picking my destination based on the depth and clarity of the water and really want a camera bad.  I really can't afford it, but I must have it.

kero

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:23 PM »
Slipbob -

In downview (camera and line in the same hole), do you ever get nasty tangled up messes?  I always thought that would be a problem.  Dave Genz says it aint, but he's corporate, so his opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to me anymore.  I do a bunch of site fishing (on ice) where I can, and have actually found myself picking my destination based on the depth and clarity of the water and really want a camera bad.  I really can't afford it, but I must have it.

kero

OTIS

« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2004, 12:36 PM »
Slopbob, why do you say that the down view is better for ice fishing?  I would have thought that the side view would be better?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

OTIS

« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Based on what you're saying, the AquaView ice fishing model seems like a good choice if you only intend on using it for ice fishing and still fishing.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

OTIS

« Reply #11 on: Sep 23, 2004, 08:15 AM »
Would you recommend the MC-120 over the Ice Pro System?

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 30, 2004, 07:13 PM »
Slipbob. have you ever used your camera tied behind a downrigger ball? I talked my buddy into taking his aqua view with us on our last fall trip for landlocked salmon today and what an eye opening experience we had.You cannot believe how many different species of fish will swim up to your trolling baits,look at them and then return to deeper water.We saw so many fish that did not show up on our fishfinder but did show up in the camera it was amazing.Now all I have to figure out is how to hook up my 8mm cam corder to my buddies fish camera.
Bubba

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2004, 05:38 AM »
the new cameras are awesome but like the majority of the fishers, ill be using the old" hey that looks like a good spot over there" method because of the cost . tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.