FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: St Lawrence bass and bonus Pike  (Read 3781 times)

jjz

• @jzuliniak
St Lawrence bass and bonus Pike
« on: Jun 30, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Went out for bass on the St Lawrence on Sunday, the weather sucked, constant rain and strong NE wind so we had our work cut out for us.  The previous weekend I fished a back lake and with 72 degree water temp the fish were done spawning a month ago and were moving to a summer pattern. Not so on the Larry, water temp was 58! And the fish were still on beds.  The wind prevented us from doing much searching but my buddy Rick managed this 4.5lb and another that was 3+ in the shallows.

We went out deeper later in the day and found a few more 2lbrs around a mid river shoal.  We kept getting pushed off the shoal by the wind and as we hit the edge I threw a couple casts with a rattle bait and this big pike crushed it. Didn't get a weight or length because she was bleeding a bit and wanted to get her back but figured she was in the 10lb
range.

As you could see in the pic I was absolutely soaked and could barely force a smile for the camera so we packed it in after 5 hrs or so. Probably a half dozen bass and a few pike so not a great numbers day but we got a couple nice ones and considering the conditions it was a decent outing.

Yachtzy

Re: St Lawrence bass and bonus Pike
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2015, 08:12 PM »
Nice job guys, under tough conditions  too. My favorite fishes!

Goonloon

Re: St Lawrence bass and bonus Pike
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Ya…grim weather, good job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.