FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472191 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #675 on: Nov 14, 2015, 06:02 PM »
  Checkin in, been away for a couple months...

Well Altmar Outfitters had a pretty good showing at the "Brawl at the Wall" walleye tournament today, all 4 of us limited out, Ryan got big fish, dave got 2nd and I got third, not sure but think our newbie sheldon got 4th ... Very fun day ,good walleye chop, nice cool breeze, I personally jigged up 18 eyes from noon til 330pm, believe me it felt good after a long salmon season, first walleye rods I've picked up since early August, awesome day, met a bunch of cool guys and fishin was good... Big shout out too Ben at East shore bait and tackle for putting on a good event. Can't wait for the next one.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

coachwarner

« Reply #676 on: Nov 14, 2015, 07:18 PM »
  Checkin in, been away for a couple months...

Well Altmar Outfitters had a pretty good showing at the "Brawl at the Wall" walleye tournament today, all 4 of us limited out, Ryan got big fish, dave got 2nd and I got third, not sure but think our newbie sheldon got 4th ... Very fun day ,good walleye chop, nice cool breeze, I personally jigged up 18 eyes from noon til 330pm, believe me it felt good after a long salmon season, first walleye rods I've picked up since early August, awesome day, met a bunch of cool guys and fishin was good... Big shout out too Ben at East shore bait and tackle for putting on a good event. Can't wait for the next one.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #677 on: Nov 14, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Nice job boys!  :afro:
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #678 on: Nov 15, 2015, 02:00 AM »
Well done everyone ,

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #679 on: Nov 15, 2015, 04:33 AM »
Congratz to all. Nice picture, nice fish Shane.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #680 on: Nov 15, 2015, 06:03 AM »
YOWZA!!! :afro: :thumbup_smilie:

yak attack

« Reply #681 on: Nov 15, 2015, 07:41 PM »
My brother used to fish Oneida in the fall, wading out from the east side at dusk and casting Rapalas, before he passed away a few years ago. I was thinking of coming out from the Albany area where I live to give it a shot, but it's a long way if the prospects aren't great. Is anyone catching them that way now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I won't be coming out there often enough to put a dent in the population or horn in on anyone else's action!

SNAGGER

« Reply #682 on: Nov 15, 2015, 07:42 PM »

Guys have been slamming limits anytime the wind blows.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #683 on: Nov 15, 2015, 07:47 PM »

Jigged the wall again today, much tougher bite, but jigged up 11 in 2 hours, 3 keepers and a bunch of shorts, way too many shorts swarming the jig, too many were foul hooked for me, I'll leave them alone for a while til the next rain, maybe they'll leave. Don't want too injure them.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Mac Attack

« Reply #684 on: Nov 15, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Beautiful pics Shane.
Love the sky.

coachwarner

« Reply #685 on: Nov 15, 2015, 09:54 PM »
Hit the shoreline with Filet&release tonight and it was pretty busy at all the usual spots, so we decide to try the state access at Jewel for the first time. They put a bunch of gravel down the hill so suicide hill isn't bad at all anymore.  :blink: Its gonna be great for the snowmobiles and the walkers ice fishing now.  8) We managed to catch a keeper eye each there also and one short. ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #686 on: Nov 15, 2015, 10:00 PM »
went 1 for 1 tonight. didn't get out till 8:30. third cast out a 17er slammed it !! thought it might be on, but it was the only one. maybe tomorrow.   Sully...

reeleyz

« Reply #687 on: Nov 16, 2015, 05:15 AM »
Great Job everyone. Nice pics Shane.

filetandrelease

« Reply #688 on: Nov 16, 2015, 07:35 AM »
They spent a lot of money on crusher run to bring it up that much  ,I was told about it a while back , just had to see it for my self ,

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #689 on: Nov 16, 2015, 09:51 AM »
They spent a lot of money on crusher run to bring it up that much  ,I was told about it a while back , just had to see it for my self ,
yes nice to see they are sprucing up that spot. Doesn't hurt when the fish are there either!!  ;D
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.