FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472070 times)

choo choo

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #1215 on: Mar 10, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Took a ride down the north shore from Constantia to Sylvan Beach this afternoon. I jigged the canal below the bridge for awhile, no hits, but it was chocolate brown wit some debris and branches , and quite a bit of current. Sylvan shoreline, Edgewater, Jewell all still iced in, rotten looking ice however. Still ice at Godfrey launch, with just a little open water, Cleveland and Bernhards bay still ice, some open water patches. And Spruce Grove area still iced in.
I would like to hear about the south shore for boat access or west end,,,, hopefully someone reports tonight or tomorrow.
I'm fishing my way through life .

greenhornet73

« Reply #1216 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:44 PM »
Wow that ice is really hanging on.  Then again I was just on the ice this past Sunday very comfortably so we'll still need a few more days of warmth and sunshine to wear it down.  This early spring has opened up way too many options for me this weekend...what to do??  I'll  just have to see which way the wind blows on Sunday...literally..then I'll decide.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1217 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:55 PM »
took a ride down the south shore yesterday. it's wide open from south bay rd. down to the west side of maple bay. with all this rain, the remaining ice won't last long. the boat is ready !! ;D ;D I hope they close the dams up as soon as the ice is gone. she's still about a foot low.   Sully...

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1218 on: Mar 11, 2016, 04:47 AM »
sully had fun the other day missed ya man
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

UglyStik

« Reply #1219 on: Mar 11, 2016, 07:14 AM »
I drove around it too yesterday, saw a couple fishing under the bridge at Sylvan and one guy down toward the lake. Maybe that was you. I also checked Toad Harbor, still frozen.  :o :o :o Some jackwad had dumped tires there. Fog was thick and it poured rain heavy on the way down 31. Nothing looked fishable, maybe the canal if the water drops will be.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1220 on: Mar 11, 2016, 08:00 AM »
I drove around it too yesterday, saw a couple fishing under the bridge at Sylvan and one guy down toward the lake. Maybe that was you. I also checked Toad Harbor, still frozen.  :o :o :o Some jackwad had dumped tires there. Fog was thick and it poured rain heavy on the way down 31. Nothing looked fishable, maybe the canal if the water drops will be.
I was at the slips yesterday also, and saw the tires. someone threw 2 tires out on the ice ??? ???.    Sully...

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1221 on: Mar 11, 2016, 10:04 AM »
dec officers  are  law enforcement officers  not  trash men ....we should ask county  legislators  to send  prisioners  in places  like that to help clean it up! 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1222 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:29 AM »
I understand they are enviromental conservation officers...not  trying to say we should have them clean but maybe they should take note of these things and have somebody who is capable.. have fun fishing trap

Like Trap said it's not their job, maybe you should report it.  They have a hard enough job.
shut up and fish

UglyStik

« Reply #1223 on: Mar 11, 2016, 01:51 PM »
There was a stack of 2 or 3 in the lot and two out on the ice. I didn't want to go on the ice. No room in the car for that many of them. They make great structure, maybe that is the answer.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1224 on: Mar 11, 2016, 02:43 PM »
There was a stack of 2 or 3 in the lot and two out on the ice. I didn't want to go on the ice. No room in the car for that many of them. They make great structure, maybe that is the answer.
There was guys on the ice at the beach today ?  I wish them safe , a few eyes aren't worth an arz wetting to me , the way they have been biting the last month their freezers should be full already

UglyStik

« Reply #1225 on: Mar 11, 2016, 03:57 PM »
I was unclear, there was two tires on the ice @ Toad Harbor yesterday. I didn't want to fetch them off the ice.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1226 on: Mar 11, 2016, 04:17 PM »
I was unclear, there was two tires on the ice @ Toad Harbor yesterday. I didn't want to fetch them off the ice.
Sorry I have poor comprehension skills

04toyota79

« Reply #1227 on: Mar 11, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Hi

UglyStik

« Reply #1228 on: Mar 11, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Welcome Yota!

Growler

« Reply #1229 on: Mar 11, 2016, 08:45 PM »
I've never fished the canal in Sylvan before, any tips for what works there?  Live bait? Sonars? Raps? Jigs? Tubes?  Thanks in advance, tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.