FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling summer Brown trout  (Read 3309 times)

craveman85

Trolling summer Brown trout
« on: Aug 07, 2016, 10:18 PM »
I usually fish lake trout in adirondack lakes. Several of them are supposed to also be home to Brown trout. However in my 5 years of trolling experience I've never caught a Brown from a boat. Or a rainbow but I don't really fish rainbow lakes. Where should I be targeting the browns?  Same lures as lake trout?  I use spoons, spin glows, rapalas, and crawler harnesses. I've got 2 dipsy diver rods, a downrigger that I usually don't run deeper than the thermocline, and other rods I use as flat lines or off the downrigger. How deep do they go in summer? Do they hug the bottom?  Most of my lake trout are caught from 45-60' down right now. Above the thermocline. In as much as 100' of water. I think my deepest lake trout I've caught was 70'  I've been slaying the browns in streams this year but need some help with the lakes.

taxid

Re: Trolling summer Brown trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2016, 11:02 PM »
It may depend on the lake itself.

I know of a lake in Massachusetts where the browns are all suspended and the rainbows and brooks are on the bottom. Here in Indiana on one inland lake the rainbows are suspended and the browns are on the bottom.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.