FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336841 times)

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #855 on: Oct 27, 2019, 12:51 PM »
The ever elusive uni-buck!!! Very Rare!!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #856 on: Nov 02, 2019, 04:12 AM »
Good luck to all you crossbow hunters here. Having coffee getting ready to get in my truck in about 15 minutes for my first crossbow hunt. Vertical bow hunting has been out for several years due to shoulder injuries and arthritis, but I've been missing the quiet woods of bow season so I joined the dark side. This is my 51st deer season. It would be great to have a close encounter with the 170" class bruiser we've been seeing. Again good luck and be safe. DS.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #857 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Good luck DS. Heading out back with compound bow here in a couple minutes.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #858 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Well, I was in my stand this morning ranging some landmarks when I caught movement to my right. Moving in at a fast walk was a very big bodied wide racked 5pt. He stopped right in front of my stand 11 yards out for a perfect shot. The only problem is the fact my crossbow is hanging in the tree. I put it there while I had the range finder out. He's looking up at me off and on. Almost had the bow off the hook as he looked away. A strap on my pack dropped and hit the stand. The old boy launched and cleared a few rows of corn. Oh well.
I'm guessing he's an old deer on his way down. Big and round. Maybe tonight.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #859 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Well, I was in my stand this morning ranging some landmarks when I caught movement to my right. Moving in at a fast walk was a very big bodied wide racked 5pt. He stopped right in front of my stand 11 yards out for a perfect shot. The only problem is the fact my crossbow is hanging in the tree. I put it there while I had the range finder out. He's looking up at me off and on. Almost had the bow off the hook as he looked away. A strap on my pack dropped and hit the stand. The old boy launched and cleared a few rows of corn. Oh well.
I'm guessing he's an old deer on his way down. Big and round. Maybe tonight.
least you got the heart pumping

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #860 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Well my brother shot a nice buck last night and we found it this morning.  To bad the coyotes found it first.    >:(

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #861 on: Nov 03, 2019, 01:23 PM »
That sucks man.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #862 on: Nov 03, 2019, 01:30 PM »
We salvaged as much as we could.  :(

scout57

« Reply #863 on: Nov 03, 2019, 03:05 PM »
gaddam yotes......that's why I hate hunting evenings.....kill em all......d**n vermin

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #864 on: Nov 03, 2019, 04:03 PM »
You would think the coyotes would want to keep their feet dry.  Thats why we stopped last night, went over all our boots.. Its a good size swamp...

scout57

« Reply #865 on: Nov 03, 2019, 04:55 PM »
You would think the coyotes would want to keep their feet dry.  Thats why we stopped last night, went over all our boots.. Its a good size swamp...
easy meal supersedes wet feet

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #866 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Too bad about the deer. They do find them quick...h2l

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #867 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:41 AM »
They sure are quick to find a carcass. I think it would be fun to contact the local Sheriff for a road kill. Put it out in front blind and wait at night with a semi auto 12ga. loaded with #4 buckshot and show them the error of their ways.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #868 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Too bad a out the deer. Nice one though!!

I managed to put this one down last night, I thought it was a cool rack to share with y'all
done dirt cheap!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #869 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Awesome rack. Congratulations..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.