FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337153 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1800 on: Oct 30, 2021, 03:53 PM »
No jokes being made..
 Not sure what it has to do with a Dead Show?
 But I bet a lot more people died in NYS this year from COVID  than deer from EHD..
 And if you think I’m unsportsmanlike that’s fine.   We all have opinions about others.   That’s what makes the world go round buddy.. 
 Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile….      :D  ✌️ Out…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1801 on: Oct 30, 2021, 04:06 PM »
i'm glad there is  no reported cases in your  county ...sure there is a lot of  good  concerned  sportsman  there  that  hunt and or enjoy a healthy deer herd
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1802 on: Oct 30, 2021, 06:06 PM »
The 40 or so deer I see on the golf course seem to be just fine. They  glance up and continue on their way.

No need to cry”WOLF”
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1803 on: Oct 30, 2021, 06:29 PM »
that makes  a lot of  since  if you look at the information i posted   Cornell  shows  no cases in wayne  county ,that is  great! as  of  now  we  have  2008   counted  with unknown  unreported ...that is  bad . I am  sure  we  will  weather this  storm  but it is  important to report any sick or dead deer  and  stay informed

just  wondering anyone  hunting with a recurve????

Pequod1

« Reply #1804 on: Oct 31, 2021, 06:33 AM »
Recurve? I can hardly set the string in my draw lock ;D

trapper2000

62 & Done

« Reply #1806 on: Oct 31, 2021, 10:58 AM »

i'm starting to like taking pictures as  much as shoot .......walked  up to blind  but she  got weary i was  using recurve today  and  i felt she  was  out  a little to far
Hats off to all you recurve users   You represent what archery is supposed to be about   Myself , I'm just not that good of an archer so I'll stick with the compound
    Best of luck to all   The ruts a comin !!

trapper2000

« Reply #1807 on: Oct 31, 2021, 11:06 AM »
well i started  with a  recurve  and that  killed   a few  deer  many years  ago then i got a  oneida  eagle  which i  still own and hunted with it last year  now  a  diamond  by bow tec   the 80%  let off is  great  but  i have a deer in the freezer  so i like  hunting with the  recurve ......simple  i have  shot a  few  deer  with this one but it's  45#  and the  limits  my  distance i  don't like  hurting  a deer......it's  a lot of  fun  i like  my flint lock too

62 & Done

« Reply #1808 on: Oct 31, 2021, 11:15 AM »
I think most guys our age have a history that starts with a recurve   My first bow deer came with a bear Kodiak  That bow is still around some where with a few decades of dust on it  The idea of returning to my roots is interesting but age as well as injuries prohibit such an adventure  An 80% let off mathews set at 50 lb is pushing my limits but I'm still out there doin it and loving every minute  Better go- I have to get ready for the afternoon sit

trapper2000

« Reply #1809 on: Oct 31, 2021, 11:49 AM »
i'm suffering  from tennis  elbow  now  but i'm good  for a  shot or two ....the  eagle  i loved  but in all honesty the  left off was  only about 50%  and  the  bow  broke  in the  last  quarter of  draw  ....this  new  bow is  sweet....i was  all in the  bull  at 20  as  soon as i set the  sight ......the recurve  i draw i shoot  there is  no holding back  as  fred  bear was a very fast shooter ....i do shoot the  recurve  instinctive so the  bow  fits  feels  right and  it works  for  me  like  throwing snow  balls as a  kid

touge30

« Reply #1810 on: Oct 31, 2021, 03:30 PM »
shot my very first deer with a bear kodiak 1971 at 7 yards62 pound doe ill never forget it.I came apart at the seams now i wouldnt shoot a doe unless i had too .Times sure do change 

trapper2000

« Reply #1811 on: Oct 31, 2021, 03:57 PM »
i  can't  argue your personal  hunting ethics   nor morality  but  the reason  doe  permits   are  given   are to control the deer herd  if  we  don't ,then  like  other areas   government shooters will.  if you don't care  to i  don't see anything wrong with that  .  someone  will.....great story i  shot my first  not long after you got  yours

trapper2000

« Reply #1812 on: Oct 31, 2021, 04:13 PM »
touge30  started  a  great idea .......i'd  love to hear every ones  first deer story!!!! it's  a moment  i  will never forget.....my sister  had  3  deer  coming in her  yard  every morning  i  got in the  corner   sitting  on a  bucket  with  branches  around  me  i seen the  first deer  come out i  drew  back  aiming care fully and  let the arrow  fly ....i hit the  second deer   toward the  back....... i went to the  house  and  my dad had  been watching  he  said  well  coffee then well go find your deer....somehow i got  lucky   we looked   for a  hour and  found him small button buck ....but i was on cloud nine  i was the  best hunter in the world...........in my heart that little  button buck was  a  monster buck  from the deepest  part of the  swamp .......what a great day..... lets  hear your first dear  story

touge30

« Reply #1813 on: Oct 31, 2021, 04:18 PM »
i wish there were more young hunters to shoot em up.I LOVE TO SEE THEM EXCITED

trapper2000

« Reply #1814 on: Oct 31, 2021, 04:21 PM »
you know it ,and thanks  for sharing , got me reliving mine  :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum