FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336997 times)

bbfrogger

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1815 on: Oct 31, 2021, 04:53 PM »
Shot my first deer in 1980 in my 7th year of bow hunting with a bear re-curve - it was a 6 pointer that never bled a drop except where I hit it with my cedar arrow.  My dad kept circling and circling and eventually found him about 70 yds away.  It was on state land and there was a guy that was breaking my b@lls all year by putting his portable tree stand about 20 yards from where my permanent one was.  He used a LOT of skunk scent every time out - he reeked.  When I got down I asked him if he saw which way it ran (it was in his direction) - he said "what deer".  After my dad found him I went back to my tree stand to get something I left there and the guy asked me "Did you find your deer ?"  I said "What deer ?" and walked away.  J@ckass.   :D :D :D

62 & Done

« Reply #1816 on: Oct 31, 2021, 06:00 PM »
Mine was a big fat doe down near Schenevus   I was on the ground walking a ridge when she stood up 20 yds downhill  All the practice in the world couldn't prepare me for that loud CRACK when that bear razer head met the shoulder blade  She bounced about on the ground bawling the whole time  Scared me half to death !  The next two arrows missed and then shaking like leaf I managed to dispatch her with my last one.   Later my buddy said, what was that god awful noise ?   That was a lifetime ago

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1817 on: Oct 31, 2021, 07:12 PM »
My first see was a 165lbs doe. She came in from the right of me behind a tree that had fallen down but didn't die so branches grow straight up and down I drew back well she was behind it and when she stepped out broad side at 15 yards i let that arrow fly. Double lunged her she sent 15-25 yards and piled up. My 9 year old is deadly with the 22 hits anything with in a hundred yards. He will be a good Hunter once old enough but he will be in the woods opening day this year with me

greensider

« Reply #1818 on: Nov 01, 2021, 04:16 AM »
My first was a rack with no tines drug it out to find someone stabbed one of my tires we believe it was the guy who we spoke to also hunting same area

KingPerch

« Reply #1819 on: Nov 01, 2021, 06:04 AM »
Sorry to hear of your trouble, greensider!!  Lots of idiots in this world!!
My son and I have been doing a bit of duck hunting. This weekend he was able to call in and claim his first black duck. It’s going to the taxidermist this morning. With high waters this season, in the marshes and swamps, the ducks have been cooperating.🦆

Freddie, that old gun of yours will have many years of field trips!! Josh’s favorite for waterfowl!! Thanks!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1820 on: Nov 01, 2021, 09:04 AM »
KP i have  a  new  slogan ....take old farts duck hunting !!!!

josh great  job   buddy  hard to believe  when i was a  kid they where  common  and you filled you limit with big ole mallards and blacks ....... ^5

good job  gents

greensider i hate thinking a fellow hunter would do something like that ,i am sorry....i hope there is a special place in  hell for people like that where they are stuck watching  golf on TV  for  eternity
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #1821 on: Nov 01, 2021, 09:19 AM »
i had  on  really really  nice  buck  that was  38 yards   out on the  ranger  finder ...with  my  bow  set  down ( old fart  settings  )  and  the  fact  30 yards  was  the  furthest is  practiced  i wasn't  going to  take the  shot , looking back i will question  if i could  have  made the  shot ,but  i rather question it  then to have  wounded  a deer  and  not found  him  ,where i am  not  many  bow  hunters i might get another  whack at him  pheasant  hunters    came  threw  so  break fest time  ....on the  way out 

turkey stampede

bbfrogger

« Reply #1822 on: Nov 01, 2021, 10:04 AM »
All the bucks I've been seeing have been showing up between 8:30 and 10 so far

greensider

« Reply #1823 on: Nov 01, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Great job on the ducks and as far passing shot when in question always pass

KingPerch

« Reply #1824 on: Nov 01, 2021, 02:50 PM »
KP i have  a  new  slogan ....take old farts duck hunting !!!!

josh great  job   buddy  hard to believe  when i was a  kid they where  common  and you filled you limit with big ole mallards and blacks ....... ^5

good job  gents

greensider i hate thinking a fellow hunter would do something like that ,i am sorry....i hope there is a special place in  hell for people like that where they are stuck watching  golf on TV  for  eternity
Trap, we can take an ol fart with us anytime!!! Coffee for me, Red Bull for the kid!!!😁 venison jerky is always welcome too!!😁

trapper2000

« Reply #1825 on: Nov 01, 2021, 04:29 PM »
extra  bobbers  too????? :rotflol:

trapper2000

« Reply #1826 on: Nov 01, 2021, 05:23 PM »
got laughing  picturing  me and  larry off shooting  our bobbers out of the  trees  poor  josh would  have to shoot dinner  by himself   :rotflol:

KingPerch

« Reply #1827 on: Nov 01, 2021, 07:16 PM »
got laughing  picturing  me and  larry off shooting  our bobbers out of the  trees  poor  josh would  have to shoot dinner  by himself   :rotflol:
😂 That got me laughing, Trap!!! Lmao!! Nobody puts bobbers in trees like You and I!!! Those bobbers are small, we’d miss them with a shotgun anyway!! 😂😂😂 Josh would most likely want to shoot us for our shenanigans!!! 😜

I have extra bobbers by the way!!!😎

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1828 on: Nov 02, 2021, 04:49 AM »
I let a small 4pt walk yesterday afternoon.  There running does pretty good…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #1829 on: Nov 02, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Nice bird KP.

My only shots have been at small bucks so far. No shots at doe yet. They are definitely starting to get the itch though. I saw a nice buck standing in the middle of the road last night just staring into the woods.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.