FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Houghton Lake  (Read 5197 times)

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
Houghton Lake
« on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:18 AM »
Hey dach,
I just bought a new Dodge Grand Caravan. The family outgrew that little Hyundai that you saw. I'll be towing my boat up your way as soon as you tell me we have open water. I'm looking forward to those crappies we were talking about. If Lixey's is open I'll bring some smoked whitefish with me for lunch. You bring the bread!
FTD

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Houghton Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:42 AM »
Hey Rick:
                That sounds great I'll be sure to let you know when we can get after them crappie! Have you tried the river yet ? I know its still pretty cold out up here, teens again last nite, but am real interested in trying the river this spring. Whats your favorite type of Aunt Millies bread? LOL
Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

skulldugary

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:55 AM »
Yo Dach,do the Houghton Lk. crappies in pre spawn mode stack up off the mouths of canals,creeks and rivers like they do down below.We usually use the lilacs in bloom,or the mothers day time thing for crappies so the stack up should be starting a couple of weeks before that.It's worked for us in Michigan and Tennessee..........

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 07:08 PM »
Hey Gary: As soon as the ice goes out I will start checking the crappies, in the channel across the road from my house. I will let you know how they are doing, you too Rick.
Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

skulldugary

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Thanks Dach,I'd appreciate it.......Gary

livin4ice

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2004, 09:23 AM »
Dach, Are they still out on the ice up there? Would love to make one more trip this year.

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2004, 07:17 PM »
I dont know about being on the ice after last nights rain and todays 54 degrees .
will check Sun during my bread route and let you know after that.
Mike

""TIGHT LINES"

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2004, 04:39 PM »
Livin4Ice:
I only saw 1 guy/tent on the ice today but wind was just a howling so that may have had something to do with it. When I learn any more I will let you know

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

livin4ice

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:21 PM »
Checked with Lymans, sounds like the weather is definately going to KILL the ice this week.  Oh well, we're putting together a trip for after ice off.  We would like to try for some walleye, Pike, Crappie and gills.  Prety sure I can find the gills and crappie.  Any suggestions on  the eye's and pike.  I am dying to try my flyrod for some pike.  Do people do that there (never been there when there wasn't ice).

Thanks,
Mike

lawnguy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:53 PM »
great walleye can be found about 20 minutes south on old 27.  follow to arnold lake and go east towards dodge city.  look for eagles (might be moose) club on south side of road.  All u can eat fridays for like $6.00  great place. lmao.  Had to take this oppertunity to say it sorry fellas
I love the fishes cause there soooooo delicious, gotta have my fishes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.