FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Non E10 gas  (Read 4298 times)

swnoel

Re: Non E10 gas
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2021, 07:57 AM »
So, can you put the non ethanol gas in your car/truck? I don’t understand the “recreational” only aspect…do they monitor the pumps?
I know the non-ethanol gas is better for small engines…

Yes you can use it in any vehicle... it costs more and has no ethanol which is a problem for small engines using a carburetor. Fuel injected engines have no problem, so using 85  gas is ok unless the manufacturer says otherwise.

swnoel

« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2021, 10:44 AM »
The Big Apple in Ossipee 90 octane $3.49

mowbizz

« Reply #17 on: Aug 07, 2021, 01:08 PM »
 Broke down and bought a couple gallons of TruFuel for my Stihl 2stroke equipment.
Had a hedge trimmer that was not idling well and bogging when throttled. Bought a $15 carb (chinesium) and swapped that out but could not get the new carb adjusted.
Tried cleaning the old carb (Stihl OEM from China) and got it running again. Perhaps the TruFuel helped.?

mowbizz

« Reply #18 on: Aug 07, 2021, 06:54 PM »
i have never bought different gas for my mower trimmer boat.... i just use a splash of seafoam every time.  have never had any problems yet. boat is a "68" 20hp omc and she starts 1 pull.

Yeah me too, until today and I’ve been using 2stroke stuff since the 60’s
Funny my weed whackers and chainsaws have all run fine on 89 octane unleaded with the Stihl oil. I also use Startron in all my fuels. Have to try some seafoam sometime.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.