FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Salt Is Alive  (Read 22797 times)

stripernut

Re: The Salt Is Alive
« Reply #30 on: Aug 03, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Good luck! I use to sell ProLines, a good boat.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #31 on: Aug 04, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Will know Thursday.  Put my offer in.  Have to wait for 2 others to look...

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/boa/d/east-hampton-07-proline-23xp-pilothouse/7358630108.html

That's a great looking package. I've got gas money!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #32 on: Aug 04, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Looks good man! Here is what I have been eyeing. LOL

https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/d/rye-215-northcoast/7341837424.html

Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2021, 09:52 AM »
My next boat will be either a cape cod marine 26 or an albin 26 center console. straight inboard diesel. going to be a while before I pull the trigger

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Aug 04, 2021, 02:05 PM »
nice rig. my buddy has that same motor with 2500 hours currently.

If it doesn't work out I am taking out a second mortgage and buying something obscene.  So tired of looking at boats....lots of people do not take care of their boats then want to sell you the headaches.

As for CC's not for me.  I couldn't think of a way to be more uncomfortable on a long steam, especially if you aren't behind the console...

stripernut

« Reply #35 on: Aug 04, 2021, 02:40 PM »
As for CC's not for me.  I couldn't think of a way to be more uncomfortable on a long steam, especially if you aren't behind the console...

I have been saying it for decades, it is the FL market that drives the industry- Short runs, warm water splashed in your face...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #36 on: Aug 04, 2021, 07:36 PM »
the way I fish I could never work with a cabin style boat. too much maneuvering to be able to cast if the fish don't pop up conveniently. I agree cc's are a wet ride but I personally don't mind. proper bibs and it's nothing. can't beat the fishability of a cc and I'm personally more than willing to sacrifice comfort for fishability.

lowaccord66

« Reply #37 on: Aug 04, 2021, 10:02 PM »
This boat would be used more jigging lakers and maybe jigging tuna.  Casting is for suckers.  I can cast all day long at the canal...(it was empty Saturday night). 

Re comfort and fishability...you'll learn when you get a bit older.  I tend to like to fish for days at a time.  As hard as I can and I'm not doing that in a crappy CC (I have my stratos if I want to feel the wind)...and this is coming from someone who fished in a century 2901 for a while.  Sick boat, for someone else. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #38 on: Aug 04, 2021, 10:07 PM »
I have been saying it for decades, it is the FL market that drives the industry- Short runs, warm water splashed in your face...

Must be Allan.  They just are not for me....and I know a lot of guys who absolutely slay with cabin style boats.  If I remember you are one of them....

stripernut

« Reply #39 on: Aug 05, 2021, 12:27 AM »
Guiding I have fished out of most types of boats, for me, I like Duel Consols, nothing high to get in the way of a fly, still, fish the front and yes Jigging tuna is fun but watching them hit my plug is more fun! I have no trouble fighting a fish around the whole boat and 2 nice seats and a windshield to block the spray... Early in the season we put the canvas up and can fish the snottiest days. We all know no one boat can do it all, every boat is a compromise...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #40 on: Aug 05, 2021, 07:15 AM »
Looks good man! Here is what I have been eyeing. LOL

https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/d/rye-215-northcoast/7341837424.html

Nice electronics package on that one. 4G radar is great.

Personally can't understand the center console mania either. I want a full windshield and a roof over my head if I'm on the ocean. But different strokes for different folks they say.

ship of fools

« Reply #41 on: Aug 05, 2021, 01:17 PM »
If it doesn't work out I am taking out a second mortgage and buying something obscene.  So tired of looking at boats....lots of people do not take care of their boats then want to sell you the headaches.

Good luck Jon .... that would be killer

deerhunter

« Reply #42 on: Aug 05, 2021, 11:51 PM »
my 20 ft seacraft is for sale, jon

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #43 on: Aug 06, 2021, 02:32 PM »
my 20 ft seacraft is for sale, jon

Pictures?
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #44 on: Aug 06, 2021, 05:10 PM »
Ended up winning the deal on the 23 proline xp.  Finalize the sale Monday.  Happy because the deadrise on the proline is appropriate to get out there.  The Ocean Scout is a modified v only 16 degrees and I was advised to avoid less than 20.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.